• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone planning on getting the Asus P67 Sabertooth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Thinking im going to hold out till that mobo is available.

Wondering if anyone else was, or if they are holding out for any others...

I was waiting for it due to the reliability standpoint, looks (and my case doesnt even have a window!), server grade testing..

I looked at it, but with the tactical jacket or vest or whatever they are calling that covering thing, I decided it wouldn't be wise with watercooling because it depends on air blowing off the CPU heatsink to cool the motherboard.

I probably would have if they kept the same color scheme from the 1st one lime green is too much for my taste

im waiting for it to be instock. no window on comp, so dont care about colors.

as far as cooling they (asus) says it should be "better" but my fan blows over the top of the "jacket" not down, so i wonder how that would work....

well worst case, even if you are water cooled, you can simply take the jacket off...or it even has a spot you can install a fan for the watercooled folk:

bit tech link:
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_...therboard-preview/asus-sabertooth-p67-2-b.jpg

Its funny everyone is talking about how the jacket may not be good for this motherboard but remember these are military grade components. I think the sabertooth is rated for like 10 degrees celsius above and below normal components. Isnt the the whole gimmick to sabertooth motherboards?

I'm pretty sure the motherboard would be fine in the jacket (or vest or whatever they call it) with watercooling.

I went with the Asus P8P67 Deluxe instead.

attachment.php

Its funny everyone is talking about how the jacket may not be good for this motherboard but remember these are military grade components. I think the sabertooth is rated for like 10 degrees celsius above and below normal components. Isnt the the whole gimmick to sabertooth motherboards?

I'm pretty sure the motherboard would be fine in the jacket (or vest or whatever they call it) with watercooling.

exactly! and you can even just unscrew the "jacket" and you still get those better components right? i guess you dont get the 3 or 4 slots for vid cards, but ill take the higher end components....

they have reviewed the jacket, and i guess it helps if you cpu cooler is downfacing, but seems like more arent any more....wonder what happened to my XP-120.....

...designed with a plastic shroud based on aerodynamics. The shield is part of what is called 'Thermal Armor' and it will be the primary trademark for this motherboard from here onwards, as whatever you might think of it, it's the signature of the motherboard.

Have a peek, and sure we know it, you either love or hate the design ... but give it a chance as the motherboard is just loaded with interesting options.

The ASUS Sabertooth P67 is such a product, the sheer look and the extra features make it separate itself from the competition. It starts with what ASUS calls 'Thermal Armor'. The plastic shield sitting on top of the PCB (according to ASUS) helps guiding airflow over the components. Though we really do have some reservations about statement ourselves we found out it will not increase heat levels either. So we think of it as an aesthetic feature. A dangerous choice really, as I have seen a lot of reactions in our forums, a vast majority of end-users simply do not like the looks of the plastic shield. But then again, others love it ...

i would laugh when you take off the jacket, and theres a VIA chipset lurking in there, only kidding, although i think its ugly the saber tooth range are pretty good!

Last edited:
personally, i think the P8P67 Deluxe is nice with the front USB 3.0s. No new case needed :-D

The front panel usb3.0 was part of my decision to go with the deluxe also. I'm wondering how much a panel like that is going to retail for on its own (maybe they are out already?). Seems like something that wouldn't be more than 20 bucks so its not necessarily a deal breaker if a mobo doesn't have it included.

Back