• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock P67 Extreme4 motherboard - Extreme Cost Performance 4 you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MacClipper

ASRock > Products > P67 Extreme4

BOX

58ec4979.jpg 2133a9fb.jpg

CONTENTS

5993bafc.jpg

MOBO

2494b97c.jpg 27ce3459.jpg

FEATURES

90e9b876.jpg 02704d5a.jpg

d452bc34.jpg e31463f1.jpg

44c72088.jpg 0259c0eb.jpg

TEST SETUP
i7 2600K at 4.5GHz, Vcore offset +0.01V, push pull TRUE120, ambient air
Asrock Extreme4 mobo
Asus GTX460 TOP clocked at 900-2000
Seventeam 850W PSU
Win 7 x64

PLAY PLAY

d3a456ca.png

3D11
Physics [email protected] (CPU score) is already 11117!
Result - P4163 3DMarks

d1b6adeb.png

491f6848.jpg

CRUNCHING

36387610.png

46b8e976.png

FEATURES IN WORDS

Massive heatsinks
All solid Jap caps
Power/Reset/Clr CMOS buttons available - large, well positioned with LED
Incredibly well featured - 8 SATA, IDE, FDC, infra-red onboard
Onboard Debug LED
7 slots! Supports SLI/Crossfire at 16x (single), 8x8 (dual), 8x8x4 (triple) on a budget mobo!
Relatively spacious between CPU and RAM
Standard ATX despite the innumerable features
Good retail bundle with USB 3.0 front port box
Unigue feature, 2 CPU fan headers - 1 x 4 pin, 1 x 3 pin
LGA775 mounting holes
Pleasing POST chirp instead of the usual flat beep
Detailed UEFI BIOS with 3 user named setting save slots
S3 sleep and resume works great
Very good CPU overclocking options
- 3 ways to set Vcore - Auto, Manual - fixed or offset
- fully adjustable power throttle - both short and long duration settings
- 5 levels of Vdroop control
BIOS P1.40 has the internal CPU PLL fix for higher o'cing

At present, this is probably the most competitive and capable mobo in its price category even officialy supporting Quad SLI and Crossfire. For a new product on the new LGA1155 platform, this is the most quirk free mobo I have tested so far - no cold boots/reboots/BIOS auto-recovery and no need to clear CMOS so far. In fact, for once I had little improvement suggestions to feedback to the mobo maker and its BIOS team.

Highly recommended - for those on a budget and also for those who are not, my personal favourite mobo so far. :D

There should be already new bios that let to oc above x50 multi for almost all AsRock P67 boards. Good thing because MSI or Gigabyte don't have it in cheaper models. All AsRock boards also have LGA775 mounting holes that is really nice for all who move from 775 socket and have their old but still good coolers or water blocks ( like my friend who has block designed only for 775).
I don't like these white pci slots and I don't know why AsRock stick to design like this. In other boards like P67 Pro3 it looks even worse ... anyway I ordered Pro3 version because there is no cheaper P67 board that overclocks so good :thup: 130$ including our new 23% tax and shipping :)
I don't know price of Extreme4 and so far it's not available in local shops but prices here are usually 10-20% higher than on newegg etc. :(

anyway I ordered Pro3 version because there is no cheaper P67 board that overclocks so good :thup: 130$ including our new 23% tax and shipping :)

I'm also going to order one today...$126 shipped on newegg. Hopefully it's a good budget OC board for people that don't need multiple pci-e slots and a ton of extras.

The extreme 4 is very attractive(in every way but looks). It competes with the UD4 and the p8p67 pro. Plus, it has spacing between the 2 8x pcie slots (in sli/crossfire) so you have better cooling on the top card.

The extreme 4 is very attractive(in every way but looks). It competes with the UD4 and the p8p67 pro. Plus, it has spacing between the 2 8x pcie slots (in sli/crossfire) so you have better cooling on the top card.

I am not sure how big of a difference it makes but the main reason I went with the extreme6 vs the extreme4 was 16 phase power vs 8 phase power.

I am not sure how big of a difference it makes but the main reason I went with the extreme6 vs the extreme4 was 16 phase power vs 8 phase power.

2 480's in SLI right next to each other will have the top card about 10 degrees hotter than the bottom.

Nice!

F12 bmp screen dump (converted to jpg to cut bandwidth)

F12ScreenCapture.jpg

signature.img

signature.img

Don't look on vcore, should be a bit lower. Anyway... my cpu is kinda bad and it's asking for more voltage each multi but what is funny it's not stopping and each +1 multi it needs 0.03-0.04V more.

No problem to run memory@2133 but I noticed that all my kits are running a bit lower than I could set them on X58 and triple channel :-/ ... no way to boot @2133 with CL6/7 or tRCD 9.

Board is really nice and I already saw 5.5GHz+ on it :thup:. Almost all is working like it should and I haven't seen any big issues. I have hope that memory settings will be improved in next bios versions.
... and yes, MacClipper fix your pictures :)

Last edited:
This is what the latest L1.42A gives you, unique toggle control of the onboard LEDs. Exactly the way it should be done, the way I like it!

GoodNightLED.jpg

DebugLED.jpg

Back