• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another socket problem P67?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Based on what we learned about the problem with LGA1156, I doubt it will be a problem for 2011 ;)

Allow me to be ignorant and ask you guys what 2011 is? besides the year lol

LOL....LGA2011 is the next high end desktop socket for Intel (the replacement for LGA1366), and it's due out towards the end of this year....it's shaping up to be incredible :D

ahh kind of like how the i7-9xx accompanied the x58 chipset?

Last edited:
Exactly. The 2011 socket Sandy Bridge will support multiple processors and quad channel RAM :) (Technically Dual-Dual channel)

just a rumor.;)

It is all conjecture at this point.

So far I am seeing

1356 socket is Sandy Bridge 1366 replacement. 1P-2P and tri channel
2011 socket is up to 4P and quad channel ram.

Technically 2011 looks more like a server socket TBH. But most places are touting it as the desktop setup. Most of the info comes from wiki, so I assume it is wrong.

Asus Support said:
There are a lot of bad translations in that whole article.
1. The reseller had a customer who reported a problem with a board and that problem was finally provided late yesterday. We are trying to recreate the problem now, in the meantime the reseller was a bit apprehensive so ASUS Germany asked them to hold the board shipments until the problem was verified. If it is due to an earlier BIOS being on the board at delivery, then the boards will be flashed with the latest BIOS and released for sale quickly.
2. Unforunately, the ASUS support person probably jumped the gun in his early comments about returns. I think he was trying to calm people down and instead added gas to the fire.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265439

Back