• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8P67 Deluxe Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveHCYJ

I've been having quite a bit of trouble with this board; hoping since so many people seem to have it someone will have some advice.

I've been having trouble getting my RAM to run at its rated speed (and have the speed speed I set rather than the default actualy show up in CPUZ and Memtest, not just the bios). Also, can't get memtest to run at all ever since the first time it ran. See this thread for those two issues: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666400
EDIT: Memtest is once again working and my RAM is running at the correct speed/timings. It needed a combination of updating the bios to 1053 and resetting the cmos a few times.

Next up is the AI Suite II. I can't get it to install. When I try installing from the CD after the InstAll step where you chose what to install I briefly get a screen that says installing, expected time 12:00 minutes, quickly followed by it wanting to reboot. After the reboot it pops right back up to the same screen and instantly says it wants to reboot again. After the second reboot nothing comes up and it isn't installed.
If I try installing from the AISuite_II_V10109_XpVistaWin7 package I downloaded from Asus' website either by trying the Setup.exe or AsusSetup.exe either by right clicking and running as admin or not all I get is a single UAC prompt followed by nothing happening. I had this problem under the original bios and still have it using the 1053beta bios.
EDIT: this seems to be an issue several people are having with 64bit windows
EDIT 2: Asus has released some patches. Still kind of clunky but doable. Install this patch (have to right click and run as admin otherwise it just restarts the computer and does nothing). After that is done, here is a newer version of AI Suite II than is available on the CD or the website (as of this writing they pulled the one on the website), its on their ftp site: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_II_P8P.zip

Last problem. I can't boot from a usb drive without going through the bios. In the bios on the boot tab under the boot priority list there is a "bypass" list which lets you instantly boot to any of the listed devices. My usb device is listed twice here; once as "UEFI: usb device name" and once just as "Usb device name". I have to select "Usb device name" from this menu to boot from the usb device.
In the list where you can order your devices there is no option to set "Usb device name" only an option for "UEFI: usb device name" and that option does not work. I had this problem under the original bios and still have it using the 1053beta bios.

I've been banging my head against these since yesterday morning so any help would be greatly appreciated. :bang head

Last edited:
I can't comment on anything but the AI Suite II issue. You aren't alone. People over at XS, HardOCP, and on the Asus forums are seeing the same issues. I've tried a few different versions and I can't get ANY of the Asus programs to work. Only drivers and stuff.

Here's the thread over at Asus:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...board_id=1&model=P8P67 DELUXE&page=1&count=13

Sorry, didn't see your edit about it, but I wanted to give you a heads up that it's like an issue that Asus will have to correct.

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit and whatever version of AI Suite was on the Asus CD.

Last edited:
From my very unscientific survey of a few different forums it seems to only be affecting Win7 Pro x64 and Ultimate x64. I'm not too worried about, they will get it updated eventually. I was just trying to figure out if the error was between the keyboard and chair or somewhere else.

I have had nothing but problems on this p8p67 deluxe motherboard

Im having no post issues with error code 06, which means loading microcode

this is really depressing.. I hate computer problems, especially when its from a buggy bios (i think thats the problem)

wish I went with the gigabyte board now

Thats a bummer. The two main problems I was having were fixed with software updates. Maybe you just got a bad board, have you tried contacting tech support yet?

Are you running the latest bios? After updating to the latest bios I was having issues with my RAM, but after cleaing the cmos 3 or 4 times everything is working great now.

Still have the issue of I can't boot directly from usb unless I go through the bios, but no doubt that will just be another software update to fix it.

I think software problems are to be expected when jumping on a platform this new. Gigabyte seems to not be any better (software problem wise). Check out this anandtech review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4130/the-battle-of-the-p67-boards-asus-vs-gigabyte-at-190

I cant boot to the bios, No amount of cmos resets would do it.

Ive tried ram in all slots, both sticks, 1 stick, new VGA, resocketed CPU

nothing helps. It just looks like a bad board. Oh well, life goes on :)

Also the VGA_LED is lit up solid,

I didnt even have time to update the bios, I was just loading drivers on it, switched the boot device from DVD drive to HDD, and bam, everything died.

The board will be sent back to the merchant I bought it from, even though they are out of stock..

What a pain in the *** :p

Good luck to everyone else on their p8p67 boards, my advice would be to update to the latest bios ASAP

Hello, I have the same problem on my P8P67 Deluxe and it's very annoying.

:welcome:
Hi, and welcome to ocforums!

When you say you have the same problem, do you mean the same problem as EvilCloudStrife is having? It is possible you got a board from the same batch as him and it was just a bad batch and needs to be sent back.

Good luck to everyone else on their p8p67 boards, my advice would be to update to the latest bios ASAP

I just flashed the bios and it popped a success message. After reboot the board is in BIOS recovery mode and guess what... IT CANNOT RECOVER!!!!!:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

This is a nice reason to RMA a board don't you think??? Failed BIOS update... Nice job ASUS!

Maybe ... I think I will buy a gigabyte ud7 ...

Very true my friend don't even think to buy ASUS crap...

Maybe ... I think I will buy a gigabyte ud7 ...

This is a nice reason to RMA a board don't you think??? Failed BIOS update... Nice job ASUS!

Very true my friend don't even think to buy ASUS crap...

What method did you use to flash the bios? It probably is worth persueing tech support/rma with Asus, but Gigabyte is having their share of problems also. Its fairly typical for all the board manufactures to have problems when a new architecture/chipset is first released.

Here's a thread about a defective gigabyte batch: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666323
And a thread about strange gigabyte bios problems: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667051
Anadtech didn't exactly have stellar things to say about the gigabyte software/bios either.

I'm not saying don't switch to gigabyte. What I'm saying is all the manufactures are having their share of growing pains, and don't expect gigabyte to be any better.

Also, welcome to the forums Socratesx. :welcome:

What method did you use to flash the bios? [/URL]

I used the ASUS EZ Flash utility straight from the bios. I download the bios file to the hard disk and then i updated from the utility. After the upgrade the utility showed a message that the update was successful and it would restart.

After that the nightmare started. When the board powers up it gets to the recovery tool. I tried everything here and it can't recover the bios. I tried the support cd, a usb flash, every bios version available.. nothing! It gets into an endless loop and I get a black screen.

I posted to the vip Asus forums but no reply up to now...

I just feel more secure with gigabyte boards because they have this duyal bios thing so whatever you do to the main bios you can start from the backup and fix the problem on the main.

This is my first Asus board and I am really disappointed. So let's say that I RMA the board and get a new one, how I would ever try to update the bios again after this??

Anyway... If anyone has a similar issue and solved please bring it on!

Thanks

Have you tried clearing the cmos? You usually need to do that after a bios update.

Also, just to double check did you use the bios for the correct flavor of Asus board (pro, evo, deluxe, etc.). Also just to double check, but were you running at stock speed (not overclocked) when you did it?

I used the EZ Flash from inside the bios also and it worked fine (after I remebered to clear the cmos). I've got the Asus P8P67 Deluxe and I used the beta 1053 bios saved to a usb drive.

Have you tried clearing the cmos? You usually need to do that after a bios update.

Also, just to double check did you use the bios for the correct flavor of Asus board (pro, evo, deluxe, etc.). Also just to double check, but were you running at stock speed (not overclocked) when you did it?

I used the EZ Flash from inside the bios also and it worked fine (after I remebered to clear the cmos). I've got the Asus P8P67 Deluxe and I used the beta 1053 bios saved to a usb drive.

Here is what i tried:

Cleared the cmos many times
Started with the memok switch
tried all different combination of epu and tpu switches
I didn't overclock from the bios but from the AI suite without changing any voltages. Just the multiplier reaching CPU 4.5 Ghz. I admit that i didn't revert back these settings before flashing. But is this enough reason to brick the board?

As for the bios version it was for the deluxe board for sure.

But is this enough reason to brick the board?

The short answer is yes. Its possible if your overclock wasn't 100% stable that there was a glitch while downloading it and you saved a corrupted copy.

Unfortunately I can't really help you as I've never borked my bios before so I have no experience with fixing it. I would recommend starting a new thread in the Intel Motherboards forum titled something like "Failed bios flash, need help fixing". It will get more attention than being stuck at the end of this thread. Just copy and paste the couple things you've posted here already, and I'm sure someone will jump in with more ideas that me.

Back