• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DX58SO2 a great board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwbmmqtg

Hi everyone,

Have been using DX58SO2 in 2 computers with the same spec as follows:

CPU: I7-980x
Mem: 12Gb Corsair 2000MHz GT
GPU: EVGA GTX 580
SSD: 240 GB OCZ
DB: Pioneer
HHD: 6 X 2TB
WCooling: Corsair H70
PSU: Corsair 1200W
Case: Corsair 800D

This motherboard is great. I stopped using Intel for many years ago and have been using ASUS since. ASUS was a good board with a bunch of problem all the time. such as a new BIOS upgrade 4 times a year with a new problem every time. Once the problems were resolved a new processor and motherboard were out. So I could never enjoy my computer fully. This motherboard is just perfect. No problem at all. Took me a few hours to overclock and that was it. Everything is working fault free.

Thank you Intel

Bios is limited, but still manageable. I clocked my old i7-920 D0 to 4.6ghz (4.5ghz 20 pass full ram LINX stable).

I have to agree with you on the DX58SO2. I am getting one shortly and i have seen it in action. there is nothing too complicated and it is more than capable of OC'ng against all of the other $250 to $280 boards on the market.

I have been overclocking on Intel boards since the D975XBX board all the way to this one i have now and i have never been dissatisfied.

DX58SO2

Whats going on guys... thanks in advance for the help... i currently own a DX58SO2 mobo and the i7 950 and was wondering how to oc this cpu ive been looking at a couple youtbe videos as this i7 oc is different from what im used to... any help would be great i have 6 gigz ddr3 hyper x 9-9-9-27 2Tb in raid 0 64 mb cache 7200rpm sata 6 on WD black caviars and a gtx 460 1gb zotac. @ 850mhz core and 1100 mem. Need to get CPU to 4.0ghz i have a vigor gaming monsoon 3 lt dual 120mm cooler.

Back