• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DP55KG PCIE Negotated width at x1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbocuda

Registered
Hope you guys..or gals....can help me figure out what is going on.

I just finished piecing up my new rig from partly old and partly new componets....new is Intel DP55KG motherboard, intel I3 540, patriot 1333 4gig single stick, silenx extreme cpu cooler....

Old parts are 750 gb sata drive
dvd drive from old e-machines
evga 8800 gts 640mb
antec 550watt neo power supply
trying to use win 7 from old e-machine....

Pieced together computer posted up to windows no problem but graphics were incredibly slow...3dmark06 posted up 3800....7000 before on old x2 1.6ghz with same vid card....

just found PCIE negotiated width in bios to be set for x1 for the primary PCIE slot which I have the 88--gts in....I imagine this is causing the bottleneck..tried to switch card to secondary PCIE slot and the MB will not post to bios...just locks up....

Also from playing with overclock can't get over 145hz clock without the MB not being able to reboot...upped voltages and still not much luck.....

any ideas would be helpful

No need, the other one had no posts so it was deleted. :)

Anyway, let's start with the easiest first, have you tried clearing CMOS? Care to take a photo of the setting you're speaking of?

Thanks guys for getting rid of my 2nd post.....couldn't find the delete button in the edit/delete......

Hokie...I'll have to try that in a couple days..I'm heading to Baltimore for a trade show.......also looks like we are close..I'm in durham , you're in Raleigh....I'll let you know how it works....was trying last night to install a fresh copy of xp that I had but got stopped by the MB not having a PS2 port.....can't seem to have any luck.

Had time tonight to do some tweaking....reinstalled win 7.....installed fresh latest driver from nvidia....updated to latest bios for MB..original bios was from 2009..this one is from 11-16-2010....

New bios does show pcie slot 7 being used and at a x8 speed.....

though when I run 3dmark 2006 I only get 4033 points....only 2/3 of what my old 1.6ghz athlon was doing with same vid card..

This was at 3.8ghz on i3 at stock volts.

Any ideas?????.....I would imagine I should be in the 10000 range.

looked back at some of my old posts(2006) and was over 10,000 at 3dmark 2006 then with a 2.9 overclock e6300 c2d.....something is wrong...I may be able to get my hands on a 9800gtx just to make sure something has not happend to my 8800 gts.....may stick my 8800gts in my computer at work tomorrow and see what happens.

Back