• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct Back Order Experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

I started having some issues with my JMicron controller on my P5Q Pro Turbo not recognizing my attached peripherals during the boot process.

As a result, I decided that I'd just bite the bullet and upgrade to a Sandy Bridge system now and re-sell the Mobo/CPU later when S2011 is released

Went to Amazon and ordered a Corsair SP2500 Speaker System (It's frikkin HUGE. There should be 3 more letters in "HUGE" because 4 letters is simply inadequate to describe how big it is)

I went to Tiger Direct and ordered the following:

Corsair Obsidian 800D
Corsair AX850
Corsair H70
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (16GB of the CAS8 version, not the CAS9 stuff)
Corsair Nova 128GB SSDs (Two of 'em)
MSI P67A-GD65
Sandy Bridge 2600K

So...I got my order Monday, and everything but the RAM and H70 were shipped. My RAM and H70 are on back order and "will be shipped soon".

Anyone have any experience with Tiger Direct Back Orders and know about how long it takes?

I "assume" Corsair should be able to supply stuff in about 5 days, and I chose 2nd day air on shipping, so do you think it would be safe to assume I'll get my stuff next week?

Notes on my order:

My Sandy Bridge -- It shipped with the crappy old-style Heatsink
MSI Motherboard -- included white SATA Cables. White. W.T.F.?!?!?! Red? I could understand. Black? Would match the theme of the motherboard (It's Black & Blue) but, "White"? srsly...
MSI Motherboard -- Quick Connects are pretty lame. Good Idea. Bad Execution. 2nd Video Card can't be mounted if you use them since they stick up too far.
MSI Motherboard -- Very good 3-pin fan header locations. Lets me connect the rear fan to the connector behind the socket, and the Top 2 Exhaust fans to the Connectors next to the 24-pin power connector and the HDD fan to the connector next to the SATA ports
Corsair Obsidian 800D -- Love the Hot Swap Bays on the Obsidian!. Makes moving my data over EASY since all I have to do is mount them into the tray and slide them in.
Corsair Obsidian 800D -- Will be modding the case slightly. They provide an extra "slot" in cases where you're using a motherboard with Tri-SLI. It's a Mesh-type cover that I will mod to attach the USB3 port to the back.
Corsair Obsidian 800D -- Heard there may be airflow issues with this case, so I will be creating a Mesh front intake to mount a fan so I can supply air directly to the video cards. I find this keeps them cooler so they're more quiet.

Here's a pic of the partially completed build from Image shack

Moved this to Vendor Discussion. You will get a better answer here.

I have ordered from Tiger Direct several times and never had any issues. I have heard some horror stories though.

If you search Tiger Direct in this section of the forums, you will get a ton of relevant results: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6571672

I'm sure some others can weigh in on these issues. Hope they ship your stuff out soon!
:)

Matt

Oh...they shipped everything except the H70 & RAM, but I got a notice today that the H70 is on the UPS truck out for delivery.

Of course, the RAM is still back ordered and, now when I look up the part number on Tiger direct's site, it says they no longer offer it for sale, so I'm a little confised about if I will ever receive it... :(

If they haven't charged you for the RAM, talk with them and find out if they are on long backorder or if they were discontinued. You may have to cancel the order for RAM and get something different.

Ah yes I remember when my board was on backorder.

If you want you can wait for it or call them up and substitute for another item. Just be prepared to play call everyday if your alternate is cheaper than the first item you chose. Refunds are a hassle but they get it done if the person knows what they're doing.

Best to substitute another item for the one back ordered. Tiger Direct, like many online retailers today, is not very aggressive in following through on back orders and you may therefore have a long, long wait.

Last item I tried to order from TD was backordered for 3 months and finally canceled.
No emails to tell me so, nor any emails telling me they were sorry

Dang that could be a violation of the federal law. If you were never notified about your order on backorder for more than 30 days, you could let someone in the (I think) FTC know that Tigerdirect did it. Maybe they could pressure Tigerdirect to be more open about backordered item.

Dang that could be a violation of the federal law. If you were never notified about your order on backorder for more than 30 days, you could let someone in the (I think) FTC know that Tigerdirect did it. Maybe they could pressure Tigerdirect to be more open about backordered item.

TD bought there way out of a F rating on BBB. I am probably sure they could buy there way out of anything by now.

They hold an A+ rating with the BBB with thousands of complaints, and several lawsuits. In the end, I doubt TD has much to worry about. Which is why I have not used them in years. (that last order was from slickdeals, which they obviously never intended to ship out)

Back