• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMI BIOS Editor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scullbanger

Registered
How's it goin eh?

Quickie- Have any of you tweaking types tried the ami bios editor i found it here http://www.amptron.com/html/utility.html
I have a gigabyte ga 6vtxe I opened the latest bios file from giga byte and found a slew of options that look really juicy, This thing is easy to use just open your rom and it shows if an option is visable/ selectable in the bios you can modify the options and then save the rom!! I was hoping to enable only the usage of fastwrites with this.... To flash or not to flash ..... that is the question?

damn it all the site doesn't have it anymore does anyone have this program :(. i really need to unlock those damned features my cele is complaining at its stock clock it needs 133 :D

I'm not sure if I dled the right one, but I dled the AMI Flash Utility. When I open it, it tells me my chipset isn't supported? I've also dled a AMI Bios Editor somewhere else and it doesn't seem to open the bios rom that I dl from the ECS site, it kept giving me "File Doesn't Exist". Perhaps it only opens with roms that are extracted from the EPROM?

Edit: Does anybody know where I can get a program that will save my bios to disk?

i need that editor so i can try it!!! can i please get it from you?

and a flasher prog usually can back up the bios.

can you read and understand german? I can understand just enough to say that there is a bios editor of some type here k7jo.de/tools.htm. There's some more at bioscentral.com that are shareware/freeware.

Alright.. seems like I got the editor to work, but don't expect too much from it as not all options will function on your board and most seems useless. I got it to enable some new options, such as AGP FastWrites, but both SiSoftsandra and 3DMark 2001 still says it's disabled. Anyways.. I dled the program from a Tawianese message board... here's the link to the file: http://www.leoboard.com/non-cgi/usr/41/41_243_4.rar

Make sure your rom file is not read-only or else it won't open.

Back