• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PayPal Not Letting Me Send Money....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papaniz

Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to the forums, but I'm wondering why PayPal is not letting me send money from my Prepaid Gift Card, I had two prepaid gift cards, and I tried it with the first one which worked fine, but when I try it with the second one (Sending Money as a gift) I get this error: "This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different funding method or add a different credit card." What's going on? I was told that PayPal still has to confirm my card, but when I went online onto the statements, I got my dollar back from what was originally taken away from putting my prepaid CC into PayPal. And there was no code in the transactions from PayPal. I removed the card and put it back into PayPal, seen my money get deducted and still the same result is occurring. Nothing was wrong with the other card, it worked perfectly, and I just looked at its transactions, and it doesn't show a code or anything from PayPal, but it still worked fine. What should I do? Thanks for the help.

Gift Cards, that's why. You need an actual credit card or bank account #.

Hi there, thanks for helping out, but how come the other gift card CC worked fine? They're two prepaid gift card CC's and one worked, the other seemed to have problems.

You could always call paypal to verify why. Are they both the same type of pre-paid CC (ie American Express/Visa)

You could always call paypal to verify why. Are they both the same type of pre-paid CC (ie American Express/Visa)

Yes, they are both Mastercard gift cards, but is there a toll free PayPal number they have? Thanks for the help.

Check the card for web site. Chances are you need to register an address to it so it could be used for online services.

Check the card for web site. Chances are you need to register an address to it so it could be used for online services.

Hi there,
I've done that too, the other one as well was registered, and I double checked, both are registered, but the second one doesn't seem to be working. I'm currently looking for a toll free PayPal number, anybody know of one if there is? Thanks.

afaik, there's no number you can call paypal. You'll have to speak with them through their chat support or email support.

Are these gift cards all from different sources? If they are, then it's probably how the cards are processed that is causing paypal to deny their use on their site.

Back