• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best overclocker from these 5 mbs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somebeast

ASUS P8P67 LE [-$33]
[SLI] ASUS P8P67 PRO -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth [+$10]
[SLI] ASUS P8P67 Deluxe -- 2 Gb LAN, 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth [+$56]
[SLI] ASUS Sabertooth P67 -- Thermal Armor Airflow design [+$37]
[SLI] Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4
[SLI] Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5 -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16 [+$58]
[SLI] MSI P67A-GD55 [-$12]
[SLI] MSI P67A-GD65

Ive currently selected the sabertooth but how do the rest match?

I am leaning to the ud5 so far ... any more opinions?

I am also using a 2500k so I am guessing fsb clocking doesnt really matter right?

Last edited:
FSB overclocking is not a factor at all for SB, so don't even worry about it. It doesn't appear to be any consistent overclocking advantage to any of the motherboards out right now, so it really comes down to features. The Gigabyte P67A-UD4 and Asus P8P67 Pro seem to be about the sweet spot, at least from my viewpoint.

Most boards will oc the same. All depends from cpu because on almost all these boards you can make 5.2GHz+. If you won't use 3 gfx cards then best seems ASUS P8P67 PRO, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 or MSI P67A-GD65. Gigabyte doesn't have UEFI ( no difference for me ).
All P67 boards should run with memory@ 2133 without problems or at least all support this memory multi. I think that on these 3 I already saw over 2133 in some tests.
I'm waiting for AsRock P67 Extreme4 that is almost the same as above 3 boards but cost 25% less.

Keep in mind that MSI placed the jumpers for the front power switch/reset/HDD LED, etc right in the path of the heatsink in a Xfire setup on the GD65

The second card "does" fit, but you can't use those quick connects and the fit is TIGHT.

I know from experience, as that's the board I bought.

Other than that, I really like the board.

Back