• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really dissapointed with harmon kardon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

TBH I'm more dissapointed with the local resellers, but it's a general problem.

I bought an AVR, and it is now not under warentee. It broke, naturally. I call up HK support and they say to take it to their local support center, which is about an hour drive away. I drop it off, and pay 20$ for a quote. they give me a 2-3 week estimate. 3 weeks later, I've heard nothing. 2 days after the 3 weeks, I call, and ask wtf is going on. they say that it hasn't been even assigned yet, and I'll hear back in 24 hours. 2 days later, I've heard nothing. I call and tell them I'll be coming in a week to pick up the tech, and I hope they will at least tell me what's wrong by then. A week and a month after I dropped it off, I go in to pick it up; and neither have a quote, a problem description, or my 20$ back.

So much for professional dignity.

I call up HK and tell them what happened, and they basically say "whelp, you're boned, they have a monopoly in your area for support. too bad."

I requested to talk to a supervisor, hopefully I'll hear back on monday.

Wow, you were nice with them. If I had driven an hour and waited over a month, someone would have had a broken face. Hopefully they get back to you but I wouldn't bet on it.

one question? If you walked out of the store without a quote or a description of the actual problem, then why were you charged at all? I understand paying diagnostic fees or service charges when someone has to look into something, but to just drop it off and then pick it up its beyond me. What does it say on the receipt they gave you?

I paid 20 when I dropped off the piece as a diagnostic fee. The receipt they gave me says nothing about refunds, whether available or not.

I paid 20 when I dropped off the piece as a diagnostic fee. The receipt they gave me says nothing about refunds, whether available or not.
You can still demand one. They didn't do what you paid them for...why should you pay them?

I demanded it; and they said they won't refund me because if I leave the part there they will "continue to work on it" and that 2-3 weeks was "only an estimate"

I demanded it; and they said they won't refund me because if I leave the part there they will "continue to work on it" and that 2-3 weeks was "only an estimate"

If you have the time to spare and are really ticked with them, I'd take them to small claims court. Make sure to ask for your filing fees and court costs too. You paid for a quote and they didn't give you one.

I would take a much easier path , contact the BBB and file a complaint and see if that nets results. You may also want to post an on line review if the BBB cant help.

I would take a much easier path , contact the BBB and file a complaint and see if that nets results. You may also want to post an on line review if the BBB cant help.

+1, BBB helps with poor business practices!

Back