• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8P67 Deluxe failed bios update problem. Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socratesx

Hi guys this a new thread from this thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667051 with a problem I have. I will summarize below:

Downloaded 1053 beta bios to hard disk & updated through the ASUS EZ utility from the BIOS. Update was successful but when the system restarted I got the message of the BIOS recovery mode being active.

I tried to recover the bios using the support cd and a usb flash drive with no success. The board enters a loop when I insert the cd without losing power. I can only see the mobo's code sequence get repeated over and over. I get a black screen during this.

I tried to:

Clear the cmos, start with memok! switch and different combinations of the TPU & EPU switches.

I didn't overclock from BIOS but from the AI software without touching any voltages.

If you guys think of something that may help please let me know. Thank you!

Did you try to use blank fdd/cd/pendrive with bios image renamed to amiboot.rom file ? If it won't work then probably you will have to make RMA.

Did you try to use blank fdd/cd/pendrive with bios image renamed to amiboot.rom file ? If it won't work then probably you will have to make RMA.

Well I tried to rename the BIOS image files to the file that the crashfree utility asked. This was p8p67d.rom. I used a usb flash with this file and also a\I burned a cd with only this file but it didn't worked.

ami bios will read only amiboot.rom file ( or asus added their own options ) but I have no idea if it's working for uefi on your board and I already know that it won't work for asrock boards

ami bios will read only amiboot.rom file ( or asus added their own options ) but I have no idea if it's working for uefi on your board and I already know that it won't work for asrock boards

Thanks anyway mate! Maybe it won't work because of the UEFI...
Did you have a similar issue with an asrock board?

Yep and had to make RMA. My board was working about 3h so I was really mad that I have to make RMA for something like this. Later changed it to higher version and all is fine for 3 days now.

Socratesx, you should make sure the bios you are using to try to recover with is not the1053 beta one you downloaded while overclocked.

Maybe download it again from another non overclocked computer or get one of the bioses off the cd.

Back