• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI repairing my LGA 1366 socket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xeronix

Hey guys, new to the forums.

I'm looking to get the LGA 1366 socket repaired on my Eclipse SLI board that I received broken. I tried bending the pins back to their normal state, but it looks as if it's not possible (one of the gold balls ripped off)

Does anyone know about getting a board's LGA socket repaired? I have no idea about the warranty status of my board, and as I understand, I'll have to pay some ~80 dollars to get it repaired. Does anyone know the actual price?

I figure that I'm getting a 350 dollar over clocking board for 80 dollars :thup:

This board will be part of an addition to my :comp: setup :bday:

Thanks guys!

I remember someone saying something to me a while back about having a jeweler fix bent/broken pins on a motherboard. This might be something that you want to look into. I am sure that MSI would probably not do any sort of repair like that, and if they did they would probably charge you an arm and a leg for it. That is physical damage as well and would not be covered by any type of warranty if you had one or not. So a local jeweler might be the best (and possibly cheapest) option available.
-Greg

How would a jeweler be able to repair the pin for me? (Soldering?)

I do have an HP Pegatron Truckee, but that'll be my last resort if I can't get MSI to repair this board. I think I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Well, I just tried contacting MSI Technical Support for the past 35 minutes. It looks as if their support number was disconnected and their Notebook/Computer line is full.

What is this? Great technical support MSI.

I was referred to try contacting them via phone by one of their technical support email representatives.

Might end up using my Truckee board :/

EDIT:

I just received an RMA confirmation from MSI. Let's see if they'll do it :)

Last edited:
Back