• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 4-way (E762) and i7 970 BIOS question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm going to be getting a i7 970 next week and I'm wondering if there is a specific BIOS version that works better with it on an EVGA 4-way classified board?

I'm not sure, but I believe you need at least 44 for the 970 (or was it the 980X) to work. Might want to go over to the EVGA forums to verify.

Thanks Brazen, I did verify that the 44 is needed for 32nm CPUs. I have the 74 BIOS installed. 76 and 77 don't seem to have anything that would be required for a 970.

Interesting to note. The Dummy OC in the BIOS that bumps you from 3.2Ghz to 3.6Ghz takes the Vcore up to 1.35V! :shock: I bumped it down to 1.3V in eleet as I wasn't really comfortable with it at 1.35V and it hasn't had a problem yet. I'll get serious about overclocking it properly this week.

Back