• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus P8P67 Deluxe vs WS Revolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lutsk

Hey guys, I want to buy either of those two but read more than one complaint about people with Deluxe having PCI Express lanes run at half speed when dual graphic cards being used simultaneously.. Did any1 experience the same problem with that MoBo? I plan on using SLI GTX 580 so which one should I go for?

Thx

Its not a "problem" per se, its just that all P67 boards only have 16 graphics lanes unless a 3rd party chip gives them more (only in the very most expensive boards) so in sli they run in 8x/8x mode. Some graphics cards won't even saturate an 8x lane, but GTX 580s actually will.

The ws revolution board has an NF200 chip which will let you run 16x/16x in sli which will give you a 1-3% better frame rate.

I see, so the difference is very minimal, better off with the Deluxe then I guess.
Thx

The difference might be larger if you were doing tripple sli? On the ws revolution board it would run at 16x/8x/8x while on the deluxe it would run at 8x/8x/4x (I think).

Back