• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED connecting 2 4 pin fans to 1 4 pin socket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

hello :)
was wondering if i can connect two 4 pin fan wires to each other and then connect them into one 4 pin socket and the board, and the board automatically adjust fan speed according to temp just like it does right now with just 2 4 pin fan, i got the contac 29 cooler, i can install another fan but my board doesn't have two cpu fan sockets..

You can, but I don't think the PWM (speed modulation) will work right. I haven't tried it, though, so I could be incorrect.

It should work as long as the fans aren't too powerful. You don't want to burn out the fan header.

You can just splice all the like-colored wires together, but I prefer to only connect 1 of the yellow RPM-sense wires to the mobo. Sometimes more than 1 RPM-sense connection can confuse the mobo, and you won't be able to get an accurate RPM reading...it will still work fine, though, besides that.

its ok if i get false rpm reading or no reading at all, i just don't want my fans running 100% with a loud noise, i want it to be automatically controlled by the cpu temp

Back