• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P67A-GD65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Just got this mobo, installed 2600K. It will not go into bios setup. I have cleared cmos, keep hitting del as usual it just goes right by to boot screen, Any ideas?

Does the keyboard work for anything else? Selecting boot menu? Getting windows boot menu?

I'd try a different keyboard first.

I got in. Not sure what problem was. Just kept trying and finally got in. Going to be awhile before I figure out this system settings.:confused:

Hardass,

Make sure, if you're using a USB keyboard, to plug it into the Legacy (Black) Ports for proper operation.

Clear the CMOS.

I know the BIOS is funky. Make sure to update to the latest official from MSI. It's actually really easy to work on once you get the hang of it.

I am in no hurry. Trying to find the best bios to flash to first.

Can not do anything with this mobo. Set overclock settings and hit F10 and bios locks up.:bang head

Welcome to the P67 cluster****. I've gone through 1 CPU that died on me, 3 diff mobo's, 2 sets of RAM and 2 PSU's trying to get my Asus/Gigabyte models going. Finally got an OS install done last night and no boot this morning. Walk away now while you can, unless you like being the beta tester......

Running the board myself, has been pretty great so far. I went through two ASUS P8P67 Pro boards they were all duds, still running stock clocks for now until I get a better heatsink/fan combo not liking the temps much in my case that has horrible air movement.

Well latest bios fixed the F10/save problem but now can not adjust the cpu base clock.:bang head

Welcome to the P67 cluster****. I've gone through 1 CPU that died on me, 3 diff mobo's, 2 sets of RAM and 2 PSU's trying to get my Asus/Gigabyte models going. Finally got an OS install done last night and no boot this morning. Walk away now while you can, unless you like being the beta tester......

Wow that sounds like a disaster. I had a few problems which have been patched already aside from a minor thing where I can't boot from a usb without going into the bios first, but no failed components.

Wow that sounds like a disaster. I had a few problems which have been patched already aside from a minor thing where I can't boot from a usb without going into the bios first, but no failed components.
I picked up this board yesterday and was able to boot into the BIOS and checked out the neat stuff to do. Went online and browsed with Firefox...cool! I also tried to update the BIOS with the utility and it said no update file to be found. I checked the site on my laptop and there was clearly an update available. I shut down the system.....and never got it to start again.........board and CPU is going back today and looks like I'll have to go with and i7 950/X58 setup for some sanity. Good luck to the rest of you.

Still not able to adjust base clock mhz. When I change to 50 multi get black screen and flashing cursor. Also can not disable spread spectrum. Here I am so far.

I did not get the manual with this mobo. Looking at the one online, I can not find out where the wires connect to for the Power and Reset buttons on my bench.:shrug:

You may need more vcore. I was in the 1.49-1.5v (under load) range to get to 50x and 51x. I'm not sure if that will help or not since it sounds like some of your problems are bios related, but its worth a try.

Have you enabled PLL Overvoltage? Set LLC to 1? These things are super important when overclocking the 2600k. It should not take 1.5v to hit 5000mhz. With the above enabled I only need 1.38-1.39v One thing I can say is that you have a cool running chip for dumping that much power into it.

Have you enabled PLL Overvoltage? Set LLC to 1? These things are super important when overclocking the 2600k. It should not take 1.5v to hit 5000mhz. With the above enabled I only need 1.38-1.39v One thing I can say is that you have a cool running chip for dumping that much power into it.

PLL Overvoltage enabled. What is LLC?

Load Line Control (Calibration?) on Asus boards. It may be called something different on MSI boards? It reduces the amount of vdroop. Frankenchrist may be right that you don't need as much voltage as I suggested; my chip seemed to need it, but I've also got a 2500k, maybe they aren't as good.

This bios only has Auto and Low Vdroop. I am using Auto.

Back