• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does Newegg use DHL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CgS Drone

I can understand they are going to take the cheapest route when shipping and I did use eggsaver shipping but come on using DHL to mail a switch that fits in an envelope????

From Ca. to Ut. 7 days and my simple little power switch for my bench rig still isn't here. DHL received the package Wednesday last week and didn't get it to Salt Lake until late Monday so they drop it in the mail to get it the rest of the way here. USPS would have had it here in 3 days. :bang head

I have had to receive packages from DHL before and I HATE their service, its slow.

I've never had anything come through DHL when ordering from NewEgg and I've used everything besides their next day shipping.

i have also noticed that when something is shipped by dhl it usually takes a 5 days longer than ups.

I actually ordered cables, and they used DHL. So I think it is when they use envelopes. In fact I have some more cables coming in, looks like DHL again. They are slow....

There's been 3 or 4 times that I've ordered the same 40mm chipset fan + sink kit and a y-fan splitter cable with eggsaver and its gone through DHL twice. The first time was USPS in a padded envelope and it took maybe 3 days from CA to NC. The other two times DHL picked it up, took it from one random place to another, handed it off to USPS and it took 6 or 7 days. I am not a fan of DHL anymore either. Although this week I ordered a mounting bracket and Arctic Silver 5 with eggsaver and it came in a padded USPS envelope; once again it came from CA to NC and took only 4 days.

I have had to receive packages from DHL before and I HATE their service, its slow.

You might have gotten a fluke.

I only had one experience with DHL, but it was probably the most impressive shipping experience I've ever had.

I ordered a part for a Vespa Scooter (laugh if you must) over the phone from Germany. I'm in Canada. The part arrived in less than 24 hours. :sly:.

Obviously the people at the part store must have strapped a jet pack to someone and had them on their way to the DHL drop off depot within 30 seconds of hanging up with me but DHL, for their part, got the package to me ridiculously quickly.

It was the longest shipping distance, shortest shipping time, and most perfect condition box (not so much as a smudge of dirt or a crinkle) I've ever had shipped to me. I'd go as far as to say it was the most perfect and
impressive service of any kind I've gotten in the last five years.

You might have gotten a fluke.

I only had one experience with DHL, but it was probably the most impressive shipping experience I've ever had.

I ordered a part for a Vespa Scooter (laugh if you must) over the phone from Germany. I'm in Canada. The part arrived in less than 24 hours. :sly:.

Obviously the people at the part store must have strapped a jet pack to someone and had them on their way to the DHL drop off depot within 30 seconds of hanging up with me but DHL, for their part, got the package to me ridiculously quickly.

It was the longest shipping distance, shortest shipping time, and most perfect condition box (not so much as a smudge of dirt or a crinkle) I've ever had shipped to me. I'd go as far as to say it was the most perfect and
impressive service of any kind I've gotten in the last five years.

Sounds like a blind drop ship. One in which the return address is that of the place you order from, but it shipped from somewhere else.

Sounds like a blind drop ship. One in which the return address is that of the place you order from, but it shipped from somewhere else.

+1 that's what I was thinking. Except since scooters aren't popular here in north america, it seems odd that they'd have a warehouse here to ship from, but still likely.

Nope. It actually came from Germany. From a tiny little store that has one location. It had all the paperwork dated and stamped. DHL flew it to me from Germany in less than 24H. The part was a very rare very unusual part that nobody ever buys in North America. It'd be very strange for it to have been here.

just had same problem,taking 11 days to get a package of memory?
EggSaver SUCKS..
I made a thread also on this..

It ended up taking 8 days for it to get to me. I was planning on it arriving last Saturday but when it didn't show up I ended up just going to a used thrift store and buying an old system and ripping the switch's out so I was able to Dice over the weekend.

in my exp, DHL is THA BOMB for overnight! they dont mickey mouse around when u just gotta have it. like the guy above, ive ordered with them and had the item in my hand in a matter of hours. fedex and ups simply cant touch em imop when it comes to "who can get it there quicker". ive only used em for overnight tho.

in my exp, DHL is THA BOMB for overnight! they dont mickey mouse around when u just gotta have it. like the guy above, ive ordered with them and had the item in my hand in a matter of hours. fedex and ups simply cant touch em imop when it comes to "who can get it there quicker". ive only used em for overnight tho.

They may be great in the air but on the ground...Not so good..

dhl is mad slow for me. Ups is very fast about 2 day. Dhl im looking at 1 week +

DHL is always fast for me. I have ordered normal delivery through DHL and have gotten it overnight or in 2 days, a few times. But I haven't used them in at least a year.

Back