• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 2600K Voltage monitoring stuck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frankenchrist

Registered
Anyone else having issues with CPUZ, Core temp etc not showing proper voltages? Am using a GB P67AUD5 MB with a 2600K chip. This chip is a screamer easily hitting 5.4+ on low volts. I am running 5.0 (50x100) 24/7 @ 4.15v with LL1 and PP enabled. When I boot into windows my voltage always reads 1.37v on core temp and 1.1v on CPUZ. The voltage never moves while running 8 threads of prime 95 but my temps are climbing to 68-75. I am running two dual 120 rad setups with deltas, 1000 lph pump, 3/4", and a HK3.0 block so my temps should never go that high unless my voltage is climbing but I never see any change in volts in my monitoring programs. Any idea how to get this unstuck? I have swapped BIOS, loaded the new version of CPUZ for sandy bridge and nada. Am I missing a BIOS setting that allows this to change? It makes it hard to keep working on a OC when you do not know where your voltages are. My V-Droop in BIOS is 1.378 when set to 1.415.:bang head

4.15v ehh? Do you smell smoke? :p

Voltage doesnt move if you are overclocked and your power saving features are off. Those temps with those rads with that clockspeed (and w/e your voltage is) sounds about right.

Vdrop is what you set in bios to what you see in Cpuz idle. Vdroop is the difference between idle voltage and load, FYI.

I thought the load line calibration was supposed to fix the droop. When set to 1.415 in BIOS I am still only showing 1.378 in core temp. (Like I said CPUZ does not even show a good voltage which is my initial concern) I have heard from many others that their voltages surge with LLC and PP enabled but mine never moves in core temp and with CPUZ voltage not working I have nothing to compare to. Is there fix to the CPUZ issue?

Its vdrOp (difference between bios and idle in windows). LLC fixes vdrOOp (difference between windows idle and load voltages).

Do you have the newest version of CPUz?

Sometimes LLC just prevents the Vdroop and doesnt raise it. Its just supposed to minimize the droop, it doesnt always RAISE above idle under load.

Its vdrOp (difference between bios and idle in windows). LLC fixes vdrOOp (difference between windows idle and load voltages).

Do you have the newest version of CPUz?

Sometimes LLC just prevents the Vdroop and doesnt raise it. Its just supposed to minimize the droop, it doesnt always RAISE above idle under load.

I do have the newest CPUZ. I have reloaded it 2 times from 2 sources and both do the same. Thanks for the clarification on the LLC I have done quite a bit of reading on this new platform for the last 2 weeks and it is quite different then the socket 775 QX i have been running. As for temps, I guess the people claiming 54c at 5000mhz on air are not running 8 threads of prime.

Thanks for the help.

Back