• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec has monkeys working in packaging...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

DSCF6176.jpg

So I buy a 300 in December. Standoff screws have the wrong threadcount. Ok, I figure. It's a standard screw. They screwed up this order. It happens. I email them, say this happened, send me 9 standoff screws. They say OK no problem.

They send me 12 STANDOFFS, and 12 ATX screws, which as we all know, do not thread to standoffs.

I emailed them to say this already.. If you can't send the right screw to the right address, I guess you can screw yourselves.

Bye Antec. Welcome to my personal blacklist.

Apparently, it is very difficult to understand what a standoff screw is, take 9 of them, put them in an envelope, and mail them to me.

Geez man.. really.. Im sorry this happened and you have a right to be disappointed, but... its a bag of screws.

Nice play on words though! :)

Geez man.. really.. Im sorry this happened and you have a right to be disappointed, but... its a bag of screws.

Nice play on words though! :)

I realize it is only a bag of screws. My philosophy is that if you can't get a bag of screws right, you're not housing $2000 of hardware for me either.

Would you trust someone who couldn't mow your lawn to fix your car? It stands to reason that if you're incompetent in simple tasks you will be equally if not significantly more incompetent when given a difficult task.

The problem isn't with Antec at any sort of significant level. It's right at the bottom in the packaging and shipping department. I believe that quite possibly, it is filled with large clouds of crack and marijuana smoke. Point is, they should be on top of it.

Even if someone could mow my lawn, I don't want them fixing my car.. but I get your point!

Even if someone could mow my lawn, I don't want them fixing my car.. but I get your point!

Why not? The guy could be a master mechanic who happens to mow your lawn on Saturdays because he has the new John Deere ride on and he just likes using it. Plus he's overclo- err souped it up.

umm.... a standard 6/32nd screw, will thread right into a standard standoff.... the only company i know of that uses something different for their standoff's is Lian Li, in which they use all M3 hardware.

by the looks of those, they are a standard 6/32nd and should thread in no problem to ur 300.... i have built many systems in a 300 and they all used 6/32nds stuff.

I realize it is only a bag of screws. My philosophy is that if you can't get a bag of screws right, you're not housing $2000 of hardware for me either.

Would you trust someone who couldn't mow your lawn to fix your car? It stands to reason that if you're incompetent in simple tasks you will be equally if not significantly more incompetent when given a difficult task.

The problem isn't with Antec at any sort of significant level. It's right at the bottom in the packaging and shipping department. I believe that quite possibly, it is filled with large clouds of crack and marijuana smoke. Point is, they should be on top of it.
If the guy that mows my lawn was a mechanic, yes (terrible analogy).

I dont know, I dont lop off companies for one mistake. This is an inflammatory propaganda thread over a single bad occurrence you had. Your experience and feelings are real, I know that, but the response to them is, to me, a bit off the wall for such a minor thing. :shrug: :burn:

(sorry dude, I really dispise threads like these and should have just stayed out of it. :()

Last edited:
if by atx screw you mean 6-32 every case i have uses them on the stand offs. now not every stand off uses then but i haven't had a case in a few years that uses the fine thread (like on cd drives) on the stand offs.

If the guy that mows my lawn was a mechanic, yes (terrible analogy).

I dont know, I dont lop off companies for one mistake. This is an inflammatory propaganda thread over a single bad occurrence you had. Your experience and feelings are real, I know that, but the response to them is, to me, a bit off the wall for such a minor thing. :shrug: :burn:

(sorry dude, I really dispise threads like these and should have just stayed out of it. :()

What's inflammatory, to me, is when a company puts the wrong mounting hardware in a box and then when they attempt to correct that mistake they put the wrong hardware in the envelope. If that doesn't scream incompetence to you, I don't know what to tell you. It's a matter of principal that if the box contains X Y Z, and I payed the asking price, I should not get X Y and Q. Also, when I ask for Z to replace Q as it should, and you send me Q again, that's pretty damn incompetent IMO.

if by atx screw you mean 6-32 every case i have uses them on the stand offs. now not every stand off uses then but i haven't had a case in a few years that uses the fine thread (like on cd drives) on the stand offs.

These screws won't thread into the standoffs they sent with them. The whole thing just screams of carelesness.

I think some people are missing the point here. It's not about nine screws that I can go get at the hardware store. It's an issue of reliability and trust. If you can't get screws right, I don't trust you to build and QC a tower properly either, as that is a more demanding task than putting screws in a box.

I got your point, I was just resonding to the comment that we all know they don't screw into standoff's which they do, maybe not the ones you have though.

Psh. People make mistakes. Call them again and explain what happened and ask for your screws, and you'll probably get them. Antec makes better cases than most, even if they did screw up this time around.

Heh, much ado about something so minor. I have containers of leftover screws I can dig through.

And I'll say this for Antec: I had an older Antec 1040 case that came with a USB1.1 front port and I wanted to upgrade it to a USB 2.0 compatible port after USB 2.0 came out. So I emailed them about this and asked how much for the USB 2.0 cable and they replied, asking for my shipping address. I sent them my shipping info and asked how much it would cost and 4 days later the mail delivered me a new USB 2.0 connector for the front of my case, free of charge. They didn't have to do that, and I still remember this nice act they did for me to this day.

I got a broken window, with my 1200 well the rivets were broken, I fixed it myself and antec next dayed me a new case window.

so I have a brand new case side in case anything should happen....

Back