• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For the first time NewEgg let me down!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I ordered some Corsair Vengence memory for my SB build on the 23rd,NewEgg sent it out via DHL which hands it off to the USPS,the package is at a hub 40 miles away from me and according to USPS I won't get it till the 3rd of Feb..
I called them and they said same thing as there tracking info..
Word to the wise,if you have a shipping cost be sure to check who is delivering it..I think DHL is the new pony express riding donkey's..I can't believe NewEgg uses them at all..:mad:

Rant Over..

Yeah that eggsaver shipping sucks. Only use it if you are not in a hurry for what you ordered. I ordered some cables I needed to get a build done, and had always received my items quickly from newegg. It took them 9 days to get the cables to me. Needless to say, I avoid the eggsaver shipping at all costs. If you do a google of eggsaver shipping, you will find 1,000's of customers who have had the same bad experiences. But after all it is free shipping.
-Greg

Please refrain from cursing and avoiding the swear filter. Thanks. -hokie

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guess what,memory just arrived after they said it would be the 3rd..
I will avoid EggSaver like the plague next time...
Just glad I got it..WOOHOO..

USPS never has accurate delivery estimates. Chances are if it is in the state next to you, it'll come in the next 1 or 2 days.

You guys are lucky you aren't in Canada. It took the Canada postal service, which should have a picture of a crippled turtle as its logo, as opposed to the USPS's eagle, A MONTH to move a letter 220 miles.

Yes. One month. I can drive to where I sent it in about three hours and change. Before the internet, I saw this comedy sketch on TV where a man and woman in their 30s meet through a personal ad and they're writing letters back and forth and they both die of old age before they have a chance to meet because each letter takes five years to get there. And you should see our 'national shipping company', Purolator. It's sort of like our version of FedEx. In my opinion, of course, Purolator is incompetent. They've damaged every single package I've ever gotten from them.

Everything here is crapp. And yes, South Park told you the truth. We only have one road.

Has nothing to do with DHL or fedex. Blame it on the USPS.

DHL calls it SmartMail.
Fedex calls it smartpost

The last leg of shipping is always completed by USPS

Has nothing to do with DHL or fedex. Blame it on the USPS.

Agreed.

Has nothing to do with Newegg either, yet we see one of the post pop up every week. I guess I'm playing devils advocate, but why do people continue to blame Newegg when Newegg has nothing to do with the company that ships the product?

Once a product is handed over to the shipping companies it is their responsibility to get it to you in the allotted time.

Agreed.

Has nothing to do with Newegg either, yet we see one of the post pop up every week. I guess I'm playing devils advocate, but why do people continue to blame Newegg when Newegg has nothing to do with the company that ships the product?

Once a product is handed over to the shipping companies it is their responsibility to get it to you in the allotted time.

My fault for not checking the shipping..rest assured it won't happen again..

Agreed.

Its either they ***** about the slow shipping, due to cutting down shipping cost, or they ***** that ground shipping is too expensive. You just need to ask yourself before ordering. Does the additional $10 in shipping warrant a 3 day delivery.

Its either they ***** about the slow shipping, due to cutting down shipping cost, or they ***** that ground shipping is too expensive. You just need to ask yourself before ordering. Does the additional $10 in shipping warrant a 3 day delivery.

First off I love NewEgg and i've never had a shipping problem before with them,its always been top notch,but when she said it would be on this certain date (11 day shipping) I kinda got upset ok?
But what I didn't stop to realize is the delivery date is usually wrong,and it was I got it on the 8th day counting the weekend..I know I definatly over reacted a bit:)

I've ordered from Newegg few times in the past and had only one problem to date, which could be blamed on UPS. They sent a shipment from CA to KY to AZ, waited 3 days before sending it back to KY then finally to MI.

I've ordered from Newegg few times in the past and had only one problem to date, which could be blamed on UPS. They sent a shipment from CA to KY to AZ, waited 3 days before sending it back to KY then finally to MI.

hah, i once had to wait 2 weeks because ups sent it to new mexico instead of cali, the hub is 35 miles away from me

Edit: here we go, i even made a post about it, i forgot about that

i always get overnight from newegg, they did let me down one time i ordered at 5am with rush processing it didnt ship out till next morning when it shoulda been on my doorstep, and i regret not ordering overnight with my sb setup i had to do everything from fleabay because my debit card was sucked in an atm machine and i lost it so i had to use paypal and instant transfer and newegg wont let you do that and my mobo was supposed to be here today and i seen the ups truck in town, but they said i dont get mine today because of "hazardous conditions" it was less than 5 blocks from my house :'( p.s. the people on fleabay wanted ~70 dollars for overnight... eff that lol newegg does have the best prices on overnight :)

i always get overnight from newegg, they did let me down one time i ordered at 5am with rush processing it didnt ship out till next morning when it shoulda been on my doorstep, and i regret not ordering overnight with my sb setup i had to do everything from fleabay because my debit card was sucked in an atm machine and i lost it so i had to use paypal and instant transfer and newegg wont let you do that and my mobo was supposed to be here today and i seen the ups truck in town, but they said i dont get mine today because of "hazardous conditions" it was less than 5 blocks from my house :'( p.s. the people on fleabay wanted ~70 dollars for overnight... eff that lol newegg does have the best prices on overnight :)

Weird coincidence. I am waiting on 2, 2 day air packages from the Egg and the past 2 days, it's been on truck for delivery, but then I get a "Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control." error. One day? No big deal, but after it happened again yesterday, I had to call UPS today. They are supposed to call me back and let me know what happened to my packages.

Weird coincidence. I am waiting on 2, 2 day air packages from the Egg and the past 2 days, it's been on truck for delivery, but then I get a "Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control." error. One day? No big deal, but after it happened again yesterday, I had to call UPS today. They are supposed to call me back and let me know what happened to my packages.

Is it due to the snow?

That would be a logical assumption Dave considering how much snow the New England area has received that last day or so. Give them a break jack....

That would be a logical assumption Dave considering how much snow the New England area has received that last day or so. Give them a break jack....

You really think I'd complain if it was snow? Give ME a break, haha. It has been perfectly clear the past 2 days, and it has already been out for delivery twice. The ice didn't start until today, and we have received barely any snow. I do live here you know.

Sorry, just looked at the maps and saw a shed load of blue over you for that past two days. I have friends in RI. ;)

Sorry, just looked at the maps and saw a shed load of blue over you for that past two days. I have friends in RI. ;)

Np! After a back and forth on the phone with the distribution center, a supervisor called me and explained they actually put a curfew on the trucks and each time my driver would be out, he got called back before he got to me. Not sure why, but I guess it had to do with possible ice build up? I was just happy to get some information, I don't mind waiting till tomorrow for it since the weather sucks today. :shrug:

Back