• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SR-2 motherboard layout question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Does anybody have, or know of a mechanical drawing / CAD file of the screw layout for SR-2 motherboard. Or the specifcations of the HPTX form factor?

It's not a published standard, so it's not likely you'll find the on the web.
Call evga and tell them you are building a case and you need the measurements. They might send you a PDF of the layout, that you can model from.
Or call a case manufacturer and sweet talk them. Mountain Mods comes to mind. If all else fails order the motherboard :D You could potentially just order a motherboard tray, but that might be a bit pointless unless you use it in the build. Link

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a benching station that is large enough for the HPTX board, I just need to drill some more holes. I prefer to draw out the hole spacings in AutoCAD and then print it out on 11"x17" paper and use it as a template.

I was able to find the XL-ATX specs somewhere, which is also an EVGA only spec, which is why not being able to find the HPTX spec is so annoying.

But I'd have to print out 2 sheets of 11"x17" paper to fit the HPTX board. :)

Oh, here is the page that shows the relative sizes of XL-ATX and HPTX boards.

Man is that sucker huge!

I will try e-mailing EVGA and Mountain Mods and see what I can get.

I'll be getting the SR-2 sometime in the next month or so, so I can measure the hole locations, worst case scenario.

I've got four SR-2 boards, three of which aren't in use (yet); if you exhaust your other options, I can get some butcher paper and trace the holes using one of the inactive boards. Then I'll just mail you the drawing, although it won't be exactly 'engineering grade' or anything. ;)

PS -- I only offer because you're a T32 member...special privileges and all that. :p

I've got four SR-2 boards, three of which aren't in use (yet); if you exhaust your other options, I can get some butcher paper and trace the holes using one of the inactive boards. Then I'll just mail you the drawing, although it won't be exactly 'engineering grade' or anything. ;)

PS -- I only offer because you're a T32 member...special privileges and all that. :p

Well, I should be ordering mine in the next week or two, so I should be able to get the measurements myself. But thank you for the offer. It will probably be at least a few weeks after that before I get a CPU for it, so I should have plenty of time to make the modification.

Well, I went ahead an drew one up. I went by someone else's dimensions, but I'll be having this printed out and using it this weekend.

I'm attaching a .pdf of it. If anyone needs it, I also have the .dwg file it came from.

There is a 6" ruler line on it, so you can make sure you print it to scale.

The outside edge is not the actual board dimensions, I just needed some cut-out lines so I can cut out the template neatly.

Attachments

• SR2.pdf
    6.2 KB · Views: 166
I got a request to upload the .dwg file. I changed the extension to .tar. Change it back to .dwg to use it.

Attachments

• SR2.tar
    80.4 KB · Views: 159
Back