• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67A-C43 MOBO Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remlore

Registered
Just want to express my experience with the MSI P67A-C43 MOBO.

12800 Ripjaws, 500 Watt Dual Rail Cooler Master PSU (bottom mounted)
Stock cooling :)

I had my doubts, but after doing the usb flash bios upgrade to 1.7, this thing runs like a charm. I can over-clock using the stock :)rofl:) heatsink to 4.4 and it'll run, but go over 90 Degrees on a Cinebench test. So I did the Genie Clock thing and it runs very stable and nice @ 4.2 Ghz using the stock heatsink (i'll upgrade that soon.. just testing this one). So I get a mark of 8.17 on Cinebench. The Genie uses XMP mode (using some 12800 Ripjaws 99924). Taking advantage of the QPI (not the FSB), i gained a 14.5 (533mhz memory clock setting) to 21 GB/sec (800mhz memory clock setting) bandwidth change in Sandra... Did a prime95, and the temps get up to ~ 88C
after 5 mins, but the system is running fine. When I run Realflow 5 sim (without writing the bin files to the drive so the cpu % use is higher ~80% as apposed to 31% when writing... SSD is around 50% though , max cpu temp was 76C and it hung around 70C during most of the simulation. Well I'm trashing this heatsink anyway, but just wanted to test it. It's a great board. You can OC real easy in the BIOS to whatever you want until your system becomes unstable.. for 129.00, it was a good deal. Can't wait for the R socket Core Sandy's + MOBOS in the Q3 this year! When you're running programs like Houdini doing fluid simulations for 2 & 4K Cinema, you need all the power you can get, and some. ;)

Last edited:
Back