• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sata Ports Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papajo

Registered
Hi,
I'm using the Gigabyte P55-UD3 motherboard, there are 4 solid state drives in a raid 0 array, when I try to add another drive for backups it won't show up in the disk manager to be setup, all drives are connected thru the sata ports.
I'm not sure if the backup drive is trying to install itself into the raid array or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Joe

PS: the backup drive is a WD Raptor

A Raptor as a backup drive, never thought I'd see that.

Does the Raptor show in the BIOS? It isn't in the array unless you attempted to add it.

If it is in the BIOS, check the disk management in Windows to see if it isn't being assigned a drive letter and to ensure it is formatted.

In the bios just the raid drives are showing, I tried using a different drive and cables with no luck. Let me ask that when you change the sata ports to a raid setup in the bios does that effect all the ports or just the one's you assign on the raid setup menu??

Back