• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Error, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukukz

Hi,

Well following problem, i built my system few days ago i turned it on and had following message "New CPU installed, go to setup" and "Chasis Intruded, Fatal Error, system error" and i couldn't boot my HDD with Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit system. Some people told me to reseat the CPU, i did it and i flashed my BIOS to newer version. I can get into Windows now, but i have the following error "Cpu Error, F1 to enter Setup" and this:

[/QUOTE]

So i have this "color" bug, i flashed bios twice to different versions, using one of the newest and "stabelest" one, i got the "CPU Error" and my CPU Temperature went up to around 42C from 30C. I've installed Windows 7 today and it's working so far, it's the 3 errors that i'm worryed about and i don't know what to do.

Mainboard S-1155 ASUS P8P67 Pro, ATX
Prozessor INTEL Core i5 - 2500K, 3,30GHz, LGA1155, Quad-Core, Boxed
PSU ATX 650 Watt, CORSAIR 650TX, 80Plus
GFX CARD ATI HD4850 512mb&256bit - for now, keeping it from old PC
G.Skill DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, Ripjaws-Serie) CL7 8-7-24
DVD-+R/-+RW SATA LG GH-22NS50, bulk,
HDD SATA II Samsung SpinPoint F4, 320 GB, 16MB Cache - from old PC
Miditower XIGMATEK Midgard
Mugen 2 CPU Cooler

Thanks

Have you read this article ?
Sandybridge Chipset Design Flaw and Recall- MUST READ
You are using SATA II on a SB build, thats a big no no with all the problems of the sata controller in the faulty SB chips. Get a SATA III SSD and try if it resolves the problem.

If not, then you should strip the computer to only necessary things like
MOBO
CPU
CPU Cooler
1 stick of RAM
PSU
LOW power GPU

Nothing else and see if the error goes away. NO HDD NO DVD.

Back