• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P67A-C43 mobo, no video signal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augie1111

I'm baffled, I've reset BIOS, changed RAM and switched video cards. It 'boots' in three parts, the first is 3 secs, second is 1/2sec and third seems to be the good one as it accesses the DVD drive for a few secs, then nothing. Sadly, I don't have a speaker. That metallic sticker that I removed from the P67 chipset H/S better not be the culprit! I hope those that have this mobo will respond. Thanks.

BTW, this board is benched if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
P67 chipset

It's been a few days, so I hope you read this.
The P67 chipset is your problem. Intel got really screwy (even before the recall) with the new boards.

The P67 boards can be overclocked (like crazy!), but can NOT use the built in video - that's why you won't see any video ports built onto the motherboards.

The H67 boards can use the video, but can NOT be overclocked!

However, we have just been SAVED! :thup:

Return your board, and wait a few months - then don't get ether a P67 or H67.
By then we can get the Z76 (sounds like a chevy, doesn't it?), which will do both overclocking, use the built in video, and a few more nice goodies too.

So bad news for now, but good for later.

By the way, I bought a H67MA-E45, and the video is great, esp. on my 52" Sharp TV.
Naturally, it's going back to the store for a full cash refund tomorrow!

I'm baffled, I've reset BIOS, changed RAM and switched video cards. It 'boots' in three parts, the first is 3 secs, second is 1/2sec and third seems to be the good one as it accesses the DVD drive for a few secs, then nothing. Sadly, I don't have a speaker. That metallic sticker that I removed from the P67 chipset H/S better not be the culprit! I hope those that have this mobo will respond. Thanks.

No problems after updating to BIOS 1.7 (using win98 usb boot stick)
OC's to the 4.5 ghz, but it gets too hot because I'm using a stock Heatsink.
Using an ATI Radeon 5670 ICE 1gig GDDR5 .. works great!
No booting problems.. make sure you linux wink isn't goofing it up...
other than that.. the board was recalled because of the 2600K Sata2 glitch.. but i only use the Sata3 ports.. so ( don't use a SSD drive rated over 300MB/sec on sata2 ;) ) works fine so far.. had some BSD's but it seemed to be a bad HD ... once in a while the renderer stops, but that's because the temps get to high... going to install the +212 heatsink tomorrow if i have time.
Then we'll see.... right now running OC Genie II .. mem is in XMP mode.. getting 21 Gb/sec bandwidth on the mem :) nice! Anyway, the 2600K processor is a B2 stepping, slating for the B3 won't be available until April or something like that ?

No problems after updating to BIOS 1.7 (using win98 usb boot stick)
OC's to the 4.5 ghz, but it gets too hot because I'm using a stock Heatsink.
Using an ATI Radeon 5670 ICE 1gig GDDR5 .. works great!
No booting problems.. make sure you linux wink isn't goofing it up...
other than that.. the board was recalled because of the 6 series Sata2 glitch.. but i only use the Sata3 ports.. so ( don't use a SSD drive rated over 300MB/sec on sata2 ;) ) "For customers who have purchased any of the above products, MSI is offering both product swap and refund options. Those customers who wish to get their product replaced will have to wait until April for the arrival of the new B3 stepping chipset-based Intel 6 series boards. Until then, MSI is advising motherboard customers to switch over to using the white SATA3 ports on their boards as these ports have not been affected"

Board works fine so far.. had some BSD's but it seemed to be a bad HD ... once in a while the renderer stops, but that's because the temps get to high... going to install the +212 heatsink tomorrow if i have time.
Then we'll see.... right now running OC Genie II .. mem is in XMP mode.. getting 21 Gb/sec bandwidth on the mem :) nice! Anyway, the chipset is a B2 stepping, slating for the B3 won't be available until April or something like that ? Anyway, glad i got one, because they taken all the 67 chipsets off the shelves :) I'll get a B3 board when MSI comes out no problem.. they'll swap it.. but so far, it runs like a charm :)

Glad you got it running. I returned mine.

Well installed the +212 Heatsink .. runs ~ 20C cooler on all tests...

Maya MR hit 88, now it's 69... this is at 4.2 ghz using OC Genie...

YOu def. gotta use 12800 ram or you can't OC worth a poo really.. just locks up.. tried 1333 ram... just locks up when you start to go over 4.2

the 12800 ram i got to 4.5 before.. will try more because now i have the 212+ on :)

Back