• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P R1.1 freezes at splash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindy45

Hi all,
Just got my EP45-UD3P back from RMA and can't get past the Bios Splash screen. Doesn't seem to see my USB keyboard (that works fine in my other system). Noticed that all of the system board Led's are lit also. Any ideas for me?

I would first try resetting the bios (remove the battery and move the jumper over with the power supply turned off). If that doesn't do the trick, then disconnect everything from the board except the memory CPU and graphics card. Then try booting. If that works then 1 of your pieces of hardware is causing the problem. You did RMA the board, so I will assume that the other one died. It might have taken something with it when it did die. If you continue to have problems, then I would contact Gigabyte and RMA it again. I hope this helps.
-Greg

I would first try resetting the bios (remove the battery and move the jumper over with the power supply turned off). If that doesn't do the trick, then disconnect everything from the board except the memory CPU and graphics card. Then try booting. If that works then 1 of your pieces of hardware is causing the problem. You did RMA the board, so I will assume that the other one died. It might have taken something with it when it did die. If you continue to have problems, then I would contact Gigabyte and RMA it again. I hope this helps.
-Greg

Thx for responding Greg... Actually, after I posted this I went back and cleared the CMOS and wahlah it booted. Now I have yet another problem. The system booted to my hd and loaded Win7 and everything seemed fine. Then I proceeded to do some updating with drivers that I got off Gigabyte's site (specifically for this board and OS of course). When I did the update for the onboard audio, which appeared to go just fine, it suggested that I re-boot - which I did. Now the system is stuck at the Gigabyte boot screen and goes nowhere from there. Very exasperating.....

Sounds like it could be a flaky bios chip, that would be my first guess. Try resetting the bios once more, and reboot. Then restart it several times to make sure that it is working properly. If the problem persists, try removing all the non essential hardware and go from there. If you continue to have problems with the bare essentials, then the board (or bios) is bad and it is time to RMA again.
-Greg

Back