• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q-E - how high have you gone with FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Trying to get 500FSB stable on my older system.

E6550
P5Q-E (late 2008. P45. Latest bios)
2x1GB 5-5-5-15/1066

So far so good at 466.. Definitely have the temp overhead to get to 500 on the cpu and mobo. NB voltage is 1.34 atm and that seems overkill as does CPU voltage.

If you've gotten 500 or better please post your settings as a reference.

Will be running in Win32 so not as difficult as if we were doing 64..

edit-- 480 stable so far

Last edited:
I was on P5Q Deluxe and a different chip, no settings for you.

My suggestion is to not use the 400FSB strap as it was rumored it was borked though. With a dual core, 500FSB shouldnt be a feat.

I was on P5Q Deluxe and a different chip, no settings for you.

My suggestion is to not use the 400FSB strap as it was rumored it was borked though. With a dual core, 500FSB shouldnt be a feat.

I remember that and avoid 400 strap.

rounding 0.5 expected less than 0.4 what means?

OK. I've eliminated that error
. At 533x7 (3.75Ghz) 1.4V NB 1.35V CPU I lose thread zero on Prime95 after 1 pass but thread 1 keeps going and going and going...

I'm not comfortable exceeding 1.35Vcore...

Ideas? LLC is on. RAM as per sticker 5-5-5-15 333strap 1067 freq 2.1V as spec

No clock skews.

Last edited:
I could do 533mhz stable but could boot 540 with my P5Q-Pro. Some claimed the 400mhz strap was garbage but I never had an issue. Infact, my board preferred the 400mhz strap over the 333mhz.

Interesting. Didn't the pro have differing components for power phasing though?

No thats the Deluxe version. You should be able to get your -E as high as the PRO.

You should also let Prime95 run for a couple of hours, before you take is as stable, if that speed is going to be your everyday setting. :)

You can run 1.4v no problem on the P5Q. I think when I had 533mhz stable I was at 1.38v though. Stock I think is 1.2v on these boards?

Back