• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiogoCDS19

Registered
hey,
i was trying to get a P5Q-Deluxe although couldnt find it anywhere in my country, could someone tell me another motherboard that can do the same of the deluxe ?

Thanks

Maybe i didn't explain myself, i meant another motherboard that has the same overclocking power and same features

Ah, well honestly most motherboards will be able to do that. Just go for a mid range gigabyte board. Something like the P43-ES3G will do fine (can't vouch for that exact board but ones similar to that).

1) Do you already have memory to use in the motherboard? If you don't have DDR2 to use already, there's no point in buying it, as it costs more than DDR3 these days anyway.
2) If you do, there are plenty of P45 boards out there that will do the same, or better. The Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 and EP45-DS5 come to mind.

There are also DDR3 analogues to the DDR2 boards that will work just as well from any manufacturer, too. Gigabyte makes the EP45T boards, ASUS the P5Q3, ASRock the P45X3 Deluxe, etc.

Ultimately, it comes down to what's available. With LGA775 in its last phases on the market, you may be limited as to what you can even buy!

P5Q Pro is fairly similar. P5Q E is also good and should be a lot cheaper but it's a P43 board, which means it has only 1 graphics slot.

Thank god, i found a P5Q Deluxe (manufacture refurbished though) after 2 days of searching for just 70$
Thanks for the help anyways

Back