• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange P8P67 Pro BIOS Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ennogs

Registered
Up until today I have been using the BIOS with no problems. Only really to have a look at the new interface and changing the boot order. I have not tried to overclock. Today when I entered the BIOS my mouse was moving erratically and I could not move it accurately to choose any options. Thinking it may be my USB wireless mouse I then tried a ps/2 mouse and had the same issue. I am on BIOS version 1053. I have been using this version for about 2 weeks. The mouse is working perfectly in Windows. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks for your reply. Somebody else suggested removing all USB devices. At the moment I cannot update the BIOS due to the issue I am having. I was actually going to the BIOS to update to the new BIOS when I noticed the problem.

I have found the issue. As soon as I unplugged my logitech wireless USB receiver the issue was resolved. I have updated to the latest BIOS and still get the problem if I leave the wireless game receiver in. Bit of a concern though that I have to unplug a USB device to get the BIOS working. Seems these P8P67 boards are really buggy.

I've never been able to use a mouse before in the BIOS. It's always been keyboard-only.

I'm assuming these new UEFI boards allow the use of a mouse based on this thread, but does it not allow keyboard input?

Edit: After further reading it appears that mouse support is a part of the new EFI BIOS.

Last edited:
Back