• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small Delema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JessFK

So I heard the news about the Intel recall on the Sandy bridge motherboards yesterday and this made me very sad.

Basically I was getting ready to upgrade my computer to the new sandy bridge to take advantage of how high the 2600K can overclock.

I purchased the core i7 2600k and some G.Skill 2133 DDR3 RAM. But I was waiting for the ASUS Maximus IV extreme to become available on Newegg.
Now 3 days before it was supposed to be in stock all the motherboards were recalled.

With the delay it looks like any new P67 motherboards won't be available until sometime late March or April. But I guess the new Z68 chipset is still scheduled for Quarter 2 of 2011. So my question is:

Will the Core i7 2600K work with the Z68 chipset? If so, do you think it would be worth it to wait for the new chipset rather than wait for new P67 boards to become available?

Is there going to be better Core i7's by the time the Z68 chipset is available?
If so, I'll probably send my 2600K and RAM back.

I was very excited about upgrading but now I'll have to wait a minimum of a month most likely two.

And sorry it's been so long since I've posted on these forums. lol.

I'm sure newegg would waive the restocking fee if you return it... Which is still an option..

Back