• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Slomotion Effect" during graphical programs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimMun

Hello all!

First post on this forum :)
Actually only registered for the help I need and I hope that there is a lot to learn!
I recently bought a new computer.
Now, I played a game on my previous computer called Arma 2 Operations Arrowhead and I reinstalled it on my new computer.

My problem: The game doesnt "lag" (and i hope that i can explain this in gramatical correct english:sn:) but it slows down every couple of seconds. Like a slomotion effect, like my computer (or one part of it) can't keep up with another part...
I hope someone understands my problem.

I checked that I have the latest drivers as well..

Yesterday I downloaded a program called "cpu-z" and I made a couple of screenshots of the different tabs for my system information.

Could someone perhaps help me get rid of this problem playing this game (also on low settings this problem persists). This is not the only game I have this problem with (Both F1 2010 and GTR Evolution are showing the same problem).

Thanks in advance!

-Tim.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 63
so turn the settings down. Some antivirus keep crunching your system too so you need to 'pause' them.

You have a really really good motherboard for an OEM system... UD5 is very high quality. You can overclock the crapp out of it if you want to. Worth it. Your CPU is current generation and mid-high end and your mother board is great. The videocard is your weakest link. It isn't that it's bad- it's just not good. It's an 'entry level' decent card.

Thank you for the replies.

so turn the settings down. Some antivirus keep crunching your system too so you need to 'pause' them.

You have a really really good motherboard for an OEM system... UD5 is very high quality. You can overclock the crapp out of it if you want to. Worth it. Your CPU is current generation and mid-high end and your mother board is great. The videocard is your weakest link. It isn't that it's bad- it's just not good. It's an 'entry level' decent card.

Even if I turn the settings down (with Arma 2) this slomotion effect is still there. :shrug:
And íf I would like to overclock my CPU, are there any guides available on this forum with my combination of hardware?

Thanks!

Any other processes running while playing the game?

Not that I'm aware of.. :eek:
I not yet have any antivirus installed.

I searched more and more and found that some people had the same problem.
I tried disableling "Hyper/Multi Threading" in the BIOS and now my issue is gone!

Good job on the research... Feels good when you fix it... feel better now?

Haha, thank you :)
Feels pretty good to fix problems like this ^^

Arma is awesome! :chair:

Have you perhaps heard before that Hyper Threading could cause these "hickups" in games?

Back