• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Perks to living in CA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

Order stuff on Newegg Wednesday, receive on Thursday. Can't really beat that. Almost makes it worth having to pay taxes:bang head

uhm...I'm in Tennessee and "if" I order from newegg, I can get it the same day if it's in their warehouse about 1 mile from me...so I guess technically, I can beat that. And it's not worth the taxes. and BS shipping, and the $20 additional charge for same day delivery

Actually the one thing that bugs me living in CA is the sale taxes we have to pay from newegg. And since I am in Northern Cali, takes 2 days to get up here =(

Living In Ohio, I have a Micro Center nearby. Order online, do the 18 minute pickup. Wipe hands off after parts are in my grubby paws.
:D

I grew up in Sacramento. I used to love shopping Fry's. Micro Center is very competitive compared to NewEgg.

newegg one day cheap shipping is nice...

but this is a true perk of socal right here..... Being up skiing, being able to sit at the top of the mtn, look out and see the ocean and the islands in the morning.......

(took this from the top of mt high west... yes that IS the ocean and Catalina island :))
mt-high-1-med.jpg

Then go be home mid to late afternoon get on the motorcycle, and mob up the local canyon roads like this

latigocyn2.jpg

Newegg shipping is pretty quick everywhere. CA tax sucks though, its the one bummer of having moved to this state.

nd4spdbh2,
The scenery definately is nice.

Perk to living in Ca.

the earth deciding that it wants you to move... OVER THERE.

The hills deciding that you really wanted their sides, in your living room.

The hills deciding that you really wanted their fire, in your living room.

An entire state that is trying to figure out how to declare bankruptcy.

Hollywood's stupidest and most intoxicated LIVE in your neighborhood.

Crazy people who make so many explosives over such a long time that the Bomb dept. has to defuse the front yard, before figuring out that it is just easier to burn down the house.

Taxes, on taxes.

A state that knows what is best for you and the rest of the US, and if you dont believe them, just ask them.

These are all perks right?

I'm sorry, but I prefer to live in geologically stable areas. Of course, Im also ~9 miles from the center of the nuke when it hits DC...

I'll take the LIMITED chance that a nuke will hit DC over living in a state that has all of the above.

I loved CA the few times I was there, no interest in ever moving there for any reason.

Perk to living in Ca.

Crazy people who make so many explosives over such a long time that the Bomb dept. has to defuse the front yard, before figuring out that it is just easier to burn down the house.

Taxes, on taxes.

A state that knows what is best for you and the rest of the US, and if you dont believe them, just ask them.

I'm sorry, but I prefer to live in geologically stable areas. Of course, Im also ~9 miles from the center of the nuke when it hits DC...

I'll take the LIMITED chance that a nuke will hit DC over living in a state that has all of the above.

I loved CA the few times I was there, no interest in ever moving there for any reason.

I've only been here for 2 years. I want to get out. Mostly for the taxes reason, but that bomb thing was a bit too close to home as well.

I was definately cracking up at the top of your list though -- those are all things I never really thought about until I moved here.

Perk to living in Ca.

Taxes, on taxes.

id gladly take all that for living in the awesome climate i described above.... f living where you have multiple days of below freezing in a row

btw... earthquakes rnt bad.... fires really only effect barren areas where people dont live (the media goes crazy when a fire gets the 20 houses out in the middle of nowhere....) and land slides again, your dumb to live in an area right next to a mountain. I just love how the media loves to go crazy and over emphasize the fires and land slids we have here, that do very little damage compared to say oh... one tornado season in tornado alley.... WHY someone would live in a place where EVERY year there is a VERY good chance of your house getting just swept away is beyond me.

Eh taxes here are about the same as where I used to live (AZ) and there's really no risk of earthquakes in my area. Plus the weather rocks!!!! :D

id gladly take all that for living in the awesome climate i described above.... f living where you have multiple days of below freezing in a row

btw... earthquakes rnt bad.... fires really only effect barren areas where people dont live (the media goes crazy when a fire gets the 20 houses out in the middle of nowhere....) and land slides again, your dumb to live in an area right next to a mountain. I just love how the media loves to go crazy and over emphasize the fires and land slids we have here, that do very little damage compared to say oh... one tornado season in tornado alley.... WHY someone would live in a place where EVERY year there is a VERY good chance of your house getting just swept away is beyond me.

The media always does that.

According to the media last year, Cuidad Juarez and El Paso were almost at Lebanon without the artillery levels.

When I got there for work, even the folks who LIVE in Cuidad were laughing.

LA is always either flooded, on fire, cleaning up after an earthquake, cleaning up after a mudslide or cleaning up after Celebrity Loon of the week too right?

I have always said that Insurance should cover loss ONCE and if you choose to live in an area that the earth doesnt want you on (tornados, hurricanes, it's below sea level and still sinking, the middle of a freaking desert, fire, mudslides, etc.) you are responsible and NO ONE else for any and all costs to maintain your life while there.

Back when Fedex offered the amazing super saver shipping, if I ordered in the morning, say before 9 or 10 AM, I'd get the package before the tracking number was emailed to me. (From City of Industry to the Valley)

the only way you guys could be topped, if there was a store near the international date line, purchased Wednesday 9th turned up Tuesday 8th.

But what store lives on one side of the international date line? There's very few business in Pacific area west of the date line, New Zealand probably being the closest major area.

There's a good chance Hawaii would receive all but courier delivery service from mainland USA first, and courier isn't cheap. And I doubt it's easy to order anything from eastern most Russia with overnight shipping to Alaska. I know orders from South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, and Japan takes a few days even with fastest service to get out to USA area. Dang custom service always holding things up looking for counterfeit junk, smuggled illegal goods, and such.

I've gotten stuff from Newegg next day before, and I don't live anywhere near California. They have more warehouses across the country. Also no sales tax!

Back