• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HELP!! ASRock P67 Extreme 4 CHA-FAN3 is not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tian6869

Just recieved the ASRock P67 Extreme 4
After build every thing, I have found out that my rear fan which plugs into "CHA_FAN3"(see pic) is not working. At the first, I thought it is the fan.
However, after I plug it into "CHA_FAN2" it work.

does any one know why "CHA_FAN3" is not working?
Are there something wrong with my MOBO?

ps:brought from newegg, now newegg has Deactivated the board, i can't even exchange it.

Attachments

• DSC_2390 marked.jpg
    DSC_2390 marked.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,766
  • DSC_2389 marked.jpg
    DSC_2389 marked.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,833
Check the BIOS just in case. Never seen BIOS that could turn off fan power but maybe there's a new feature.

thank you guys, i have made a stupid mistake , i have only plug in 24 pin ATX, therefore only part of the mobo has power (it will not boot up also).
After i plug in 8-pin ATX, All CHA_FAN has power, and mobo work perfectly fine.

sadly just heard about the Intel SATA issue, don't know what to do right now.

thank you guys, i have made a stupid mistake , i have only plug in 24 pin ATX, therefore only part of the mobo has power (it will not boot up also).
After i plug in 8-pin ATX, All CHA_FAN has power, and mobo work perfectly fine.

sadly just heard about the Intel SATA issue, don't know what to do right now.

Don't worry about the recall,just enjoy your board till a new revision comes out and they will replace it..Just be sure to use the SATA 3 ports and not the SATA 2.

Back