• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8P67 Pro and some memory notes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Ok I know there are threads on nearly every forum and website about how flaky this board can be when it comes to memory issues. Just wanted to throw this out:

G.Skill F312800-CL9D-8GBRL

Just getting the board to see the memory was hours of fun to include clearing the cmos jumpers, mem-ok button, and putting the slots in multiple configurations I finally got it to boot on A1 and B2 and actually see 8gbs

I am letting the bios auto-handle the memory settings but using the AI tweak in Bios I have ramped up the system to a 4.4ghz base and plan on testing to see if it will stay stable. So far win Win 7 everything is showing green.

I hope ASUS is paying to attention to the wails of the horde so that when they release the new boards to fix the SATA issue they also tame this beast.

Was that memory listed as 'tested' in their manual or website download? I got some kingston memory and couldn't get it above 4.4. , with the p8p767 (not pro). I shelled out some cash and exchange for some REALLY fast memory, and now this 2500k screams. Funny thing for me was a catch 22, couldnt get the manual until I bought the board, and bought the board same time as memory. and couldnt Asus' 'file' from their website. Well, it worked out good anyhow.

Sorry for the confusion. I also have the asus p8p67 pro. This gskill is on the list of approved memory. I am going to hard test 1 stick at a time using the latest version of memtest via a bootable flash drive.

Something has to give

Ok this is just plain nutty. I decided to power down and pull the memory again. Blew the memory sockets out with some air and then reversed them back into A1 and B1

Bios sees 8gb and now windows 7

Ran about 20 passes of Prime and no glitches.

I think tomorrow if this system is still going strong when I get home from work I am going to run memtest86 again now that 8gbs are showing and see if anything shakes loose.

Last edited:
Back