• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

difference between P67 and H67

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
As I understand, H67 has onboard video while P67 don't. But H67 don't have overclocking feature.

Does it mean if I get 2600k, it'd be a waste to use it on H67 or is multiplier still adjustable, just no bclock control?

No multiplier adjustment, but I think you may be able to adjust BCLK. But as we all know, that's basically useless.

2600k isn't a complete waste if you do encoding on the H67, but yes the multiplier is locked on it. You can get a slight overclock through BCLK. Eventually Z67 is going to have the best of both P67 and H67.

Originally Q2, but who knows with the PCH problem they had. Don't know if it will be delayed a couple months or if it will show up in April when the P67's and H67's are back on the market too.

H67's only good if you want an HTPC, and is best suited for the i5-2400. Other than that, it's not what most of us are looking for.

Originally Q2, but who knows with the PCH problem they had. Don't know if it will be delayed a couple months or if it will show up in April when the P67's and H67's are back on the market too.

Is the Z67 chipset targeted at socket 2011?

I saw recently its being called Z68 not Z67, which sort of adds to the confusion even more. I don't think so, I believe its for 1155, although maybe it will be both with a name like Z68? X68 is going to be on socket 2011.

Here is the wikipedia article for socket 1155 listing all the chipsets, although take wikipedia with a grain of salt.

I 'beleive' the socket 2011 will be 1366's successor. 1155 will be around awhile for the Z series chipsets and 2011 will 'probably' target higher end future CPU's, leaving 1155 for midrange. xyz123... names names, wish they had some kind of rhyme or reason (you'd think next would be a Q67, then R,S,T,U.... )

I 'beleive' the socket 2011 will be 1366's successor. 1155 will be around awhile for the Z series chipsets and 2011 will 'probably' target higher end future CPU's, leaving 1155 for midrange. xyz123... names names, wish they had some kind of rhyme or reason (you'd think next would be a Q67, then R,S,T,U.... )

Well H67, P67, and X68 are all sort of obvious follow ups to H55, P55, and X58. I don't know where the rest come from.

It's almost like Intel is trying to confuse us, so we won't wait, but instead "buy now." :bang head Naw, they would never stoop that low, never! :shrug:

I don't think its confusing on purpose. I mean to a certain degree they aren't really marketing to enthusiasts. Most people get their computers through OEMs who hide the details from the end user, and the enthusiasts that build their own computers are expected to understand what they are doing. Even enthusiasts don't need to worry about all the different chipsets since some are meant only for embeded markets etc.

Back