• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Package Stuck in Houston

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
It's supposedly on time, but i don't have the slightest clue how it's going to leave Houston, get here, and then get my my house by tomorrow night...

Why would the thing leave Houston, and then turn around and come back? And how would that not be an exception? I've seen it sit somewhere for a day, but not turn around and go BACK to that place, and then sit there...

Capture.PNG

I have seen many departure then arrival minutes later. My guess is the trailer got full and so they bump off those who aren't expected to get delivered for a while.

UPS have played dirty on me before, I take 6 days ground shipping from NY to MI, every time my package got held in NY for a few days before being delivered on 5th or 6th day.

Is that a real UPS truck?

It still hasn't left yet, so i'm guessing that Houston is still under snow or something... i just hope i get it soon. I've been waiting waaaayyyy too long for a laptop for it to get lost by UPS or something screwed up like that.

EDIT: Okay, so, it's now 4:06PM, and it left Houston at 4:06AM. It's STILL not even to the local distribution center... yet they're saying it'll still be here by the end of the day today...

EDIT EDIT: IT'S IN JACKSON :D It should be here sometime today after all :D

Last edited:
the thing is; they aren't playing dirty with the 5-6 day shipping thing; as much as I hate that they do this, it's completely fair and reasonable. What they do is use the shipping days as a priority system, so if next day packets have a queue in front of them, they can bump the other packages to make sure the important ones get there in time. I really doubt they would hold up a package just to make sure it takes between 5-6 days; at least not before it gets to the final stop, simply because then when they NEED to send it on the 5th or 6th day, they may have a ton of other packages that also need to be delivered that day and simply not have enough package- bandwidth. It just wouldn't be in their best fiscal interest to not utilize empty transport space if they have it simply to hold up a package, and no matter what I think of corporations, they do seem to follow the practice of what pays out for them. (and in this case, that is actually a good thing for the consumer)

Ive always argued in defense of UPS. When I ran a large warehouse in Chicago that shipped and received, worldwide. We had great drivers, and never had one single problem over the 3 years that I worked there. Dealt with Customs and the DEA.

However, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that for non-business addresses, UPS is terrible. Started with them leaving a $250 package on my steps only to be stolen (they also left everything in my sig on those same steps), and recently I have been hit with "hazardous weather" twice. The blizzard was one thing, but it took them 3 days to get that package moving again and to my door, and it was around 45 minutes away the whole time.

But this last time, just this week, really pissed me off. I bought a pair of $150 gore-tex alpine climbing gloves for my brother who is in A-stan, and they arrived too late for me to give them to him when he was back in the states last week. Should have been here last Friday, but for some reason it got delayed the entire weekend until Monday. So now I have to pay to ship them 7,000 miles, and hope they make it.

Ive been doing ebay for the last few months, and I have been very impressed with the USPS. And it just so happens that the place I bought the gloves from are starting to ship USPS Priority when they can. The difference is 2-3 days, vs 7-10 with UPS.

UPS ground almost always mean you get screwed with a weekend. Love that...

Ive always argued in defense of UPS. When I ran a large warehouse in Chicago that shipped and received, worldwide. We had great drivers, and never had one single problem over the 3 years that I worked there. Dealt with Customs and the DEA.

However, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that for non-business addresses, UPS is terrible. Started with them leaving a $250 package on my steps only to be stolen (they also left everything in my sig on those same steps), and recently I have been hit with "hazardous weather" twice. The blizzard was one thing, but it took them 3 days to get that package moving again and to my door, and it was around 45 minutes away the whole time.

But this last time, just this week, really pissed me off. I bought a pair of $150 gore-tex alpine climbing gloves for my brother who is in A-stan, and they arrived too late for me to give them to him when he was back in the states last week. Should have been here last Friday, but for some reason it got delayed the entire weekend until Monday. So now I have to pay to ship them 7,000 miles, and hope they make it.

Ive been doing ebay for the last few months, and I have been very impressed with the USPS. And it just so happens that the place I bought the gloves from are starting to ship USPS Priority when they can. The difference is 2-3 days, vs 7-10 with UPS.

UPS ground almost always mean you get screwed with a weekend. Love that...

Completely agree with this lol. I ship all our distributor parts out with UPS, works great. All of our webstore items for customers we ship USPS and it's generally cheaper and works much better for shipping to home addresses. UPS does ok with that not terrible.

Back