• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
2 weeks, numerous contacts, always a "will get response in 48h or less", no replies other than automated canned message. :mad:

My laptop suddenly lost the LCD display (dark, no image or light, laptop worked fine with extremal monitor) This laptop has a few months left in the original warranty but at this rate, they might not get back to me until after warranty expired, to explain they won't issue RMA because the warranty expired. :bang head

I took the matter in my hand and took the thing apart. I found few obvious shoddy workmanship: one of the 2 wireless antenna cable wasn't plugged into the wireless card, and the main video cable for LCD display had worked loose.

I got this laptop, ASUS UL50 series because of the long battery life. Reviewers were getting upward of 10 hours per session. With wireless on and some web surfing and ebook, I was getting around 6 hours or so.

I always thought ASUS made some quality stuff. Although 2 motherboards from them had crappy TIM application on the chipsets and were overheating until I replaced them. Is your laptop working now that you plugged the screen back in? My friend just bought a new ASUS laptop, looks sweet, I kinda want one.

I too have found their RMA process to be hit or miss. Sometimes when I request an RMA I get a response back real fast, other times it takes a week, and the communication and updates on their site sucks. In the end it pays off, but compared to eVGA and Gigabyte it sucks.

i am doing a OCZ RMA. It took them a week to respond to my question. Then they escalted it to a RMA

So many questions and a bunch of crap to fill out and send back. UGH good luck 4ghz

sounds like the power inverter went out on your lappy.

Is your laptop working now that you plugged the screen back in? My friend just bought a new ASUS laptop, looks sweet, I kinda want one.

So far no problem since I did the repair. My wireless seems to be working better than before. Before, if I turned it off, then turned it back on sometimes it couldn't find anything unless I restarted. Loose antenna cable probably made it too hard to pick up signal reliably.

I wonder if Asus hired monkey for their assembly line. Loose antenna cable, loose monitor cable, and long wait on RMA request.

So far no problem since I did the repair. My wireless seems to be working better than before. Before, if I turned it off, then turned it back on sometimes it couldn't find anything unless I restarted. Loose antenna cable probably made it too hard to pick up signal reliably.

I wonder if Asus hired monkey for their assembly line. Loose antenna cable, loose monitor cable, and long wait on RMA request.

Well maybe most of ASUS's work force consists of monkeys?

production does have its faults. Where i work we build products and we do RMAS. In fact i am the RMA guy. And you should see some of the stuff that comes back. Missing screws, Stripped screws, loose wires, cracked lcd's and the biggest is ribbon cables loose cause the builder didn't lock the tab.

Last edited:
production does have its faults. Where i work we build products and we do RMAS you i am the RMA guy. And you should see some of the stuff that comes back. Missing screws, Stripped screws, loose wires, cracked lcd's and the biggest is ribbon cables loose cause the builder didn't lock the tab.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of products does your company make? And are the defects from builder error, or production machine error? Most of the time when I have a defective product it looks like a person just put it together wrong.

We build security devices and pos equipment. For the most part our company buys cheap hardware that craps out fast. Like screws that strip or snap off. The reason why is the company is a non profit repairing equipment for a larger company. In order to stay competitive you have to bid low. Anyways are fail rate is low but i was just pointing out that stuff happens and monkeys do probably build but there should always be some sort of QA/QC done.

They finally responded to my RMA request. Seems someone forgot to put up "Out for Chinese Holiday, no business until mid February.

I would imagine quite a lot of other people unhappy with slow response from Asus. Not even a canned reply explaining the holiday or anything that showed Asus didn't mysteriously die overnight. More than 2 weeks with no message isn't going to win any quality customer service awards.

They finally responded to my RMA request. Seems someone forgot to put up "Out for Chinese Holiday, no business until mid February.

I would imagine quite a lot of other people unhappy with slow response from Asus. Not even a canned reply explaining the holiday or anything that showed Asus didn't mysteriously die overnight. More than 2 weeks with no message isn't going to win any quality customer service awards.

Good to know they finally responded. Maybe I'll hear back from them this week then :-/

Back