• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What in the world is this thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

forceflow3

Registered
On my motherboard, an Abit TH7II-RAID, when I go under the clock frequency changer menu thing in the BIOS, there is a little option called AGPCLK. What exactly is this and can it be used to attain a higher OC? (as you may have guessed I have not been doing this for very long.)

It is my understanding that this simply allows you to run the the FSB at any speed you want without having to worry about the agp or pci bus speeds, if you selected the fix option. The agp and pci will stay 66 and 33 respectivly on "fix" or you can always go with 2/3 or 1/2 (2/4). Hope this makes a little sense.

R4v3N is exactly right...it allows you to jump up the frontside bus without overclocking the agp bus...and if I could do that with THIS board, I might be able to reach 1.2 or even aproach 1.3g with my little 700E....at 160fsb, I loose my hdd's because the pci is way too high...but that's the whole challenge (to me) is to overcome those little setbacks..and if you leave the agp bus at default, and run your cpu bus a lot higher, all you gain is a slight edge in mhz, but when you up the agp and frontside bus, everything is speeded up, including memory so everything works faster, and as a result, you gain an edge on a stock computer with the same clock speed, as an overclocked machine.
If you experiment with that setting(agpclk) and the bus speeds you might get a little more performance
I hope this made sense:)

Back