• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding Intro I: eVGA Classified SR-2 Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we are featuring a recently completed project by Spotswood: a custom wood case created to house eVGA’s high-end, dual-socket motherboard, the SR-2. Not only does it house the huge SR-2 motherboard, but it will also have a complete custom water cooling system contained within. This is truly one of the most beautiful cases I have ever seen, and it is my pleasure to present this masterpiece to the public.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive, in size AND workmanship. Thanks for sharing spotswood, and thanks Mattno5ss for pointing it out - I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Pretty cool.

Today we are featuring a recently completed project by <a href="http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=101872" target="_blank">Spotswood</a>. He is outstanding with woodwork, which can be seen in various custom wood cases he has made for clients. The project featured here is a custom wood case created to house eVGA's high-end dual-socket motherboard, the SR-2. Not only does it house the huge SR-2 motherboard, but it will also have a complete custom water cooling system contained within. This is truly one of the most beautiful cases I have ever seen, and it is my pleasure to present th... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Any way to make it so when the article gets posted to the forums (which I assume is automatic) it converts the HTML code to vBB?

Yea, sorry about that. There is probably a way but it requires dev time. We usually {cough} fix those by hand. It is now cleaned up.

This one was my fault: I'd been hitting publish before leaving the house in the morning and I was running late today. Sorry!

Now thats the kind of posts and fanaticism I've seen on overclockers.com in 2001.
Really really impressive work!

However, I just have to leave a small but maybe valuable comment.
I noted your case was made of wood. Have you thought on EMR protection? Maybe some full sized metal grid inside the case, forming a cage and grounded to PSU will solve this problem. Two xeons, sr-2 and possibly several video cards will generate great amount of EMR, this may be very dangerous to your health.

Last edited:
This one was my fault: I'd been hitting publish before leaving the house in the morning and I was running late today. Sorry!

Hehe, I was just messing with you; thanks for hitting the button. :salute:

On topic, Spotswood I already said as much in your thread, but this behemoth is just stellar. Excellent craftsmanship!

Finally, it took you guys long enough...lol :rolleyes:

An amazing work of art that was definitely worthy of the first modding intro. Great job Spotswood :thup:

Back