• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Deanzo & Family are okay... (devastating earthquake)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hey, just to let everyone know... (as you will know by now, there has been a massive earthquake in Christchurch (the middle of the southern island of New Zealand)

Deanzo made a post on facebook shortly after the quake saying that he and his family are all safe and well.

I'm personally unaware of any other members from that part of the country, but it's in a mess to be sure.

Great news though...

Deanzo... know that many are thinking of you and yours mate.

Bruce aka fritzman.

Pheww.. thanks for update and glad to hear that Bruce !

Watched the news, quite scary.

Great... I was thinking about that when I saw it. Glad you are both (didnt see you were from there too!!) ok!

Last edited:
Thanks guys

She's sure is a mess down here, and sadly the death toll sits at 75, with another 300 missing :(

As some of you will know we had a 7.1 on Sept 4th and even though this was "only" a 6.3, it was centred close to the city center and very shallow.
The Sept 4th quake also hit at around 2am, when almost everyone was safe in bed.
This one hit soon after 1pm on Tuesday, when everyone was at work, in shops or on the streets. And with the very violent nature of this one, it's been devastating. It will take some time to get the city back to normal.

Back