• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting commission on ebay scam???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

so i have a top-seller ebay account and i am power seller. I have about 99%+ score on ebay and i sell alot of stuff.

i got this email today from someone asking me to list there item on ebay for them and they will give me 20% commission. I am not finding this accurate or real and think its fake or scam i am wondering if someone could help me with this. i am lost on why would this person pay me to list their item on ebay and give me commission for it.

I am thinking to call ebay and get their help on this matter.

Hi,

I'm looking for people with e-bay seller accounts to list and sell my
items. Your feedback would be preferred to be 100% positive, linked to
a verified Pay Pal account.
All my products are genuine, not illegal fake or counterfeit!! Sale and
warranty receipts are included .
All listing fees and final value fees will be paid by me. It.s free of
charge; you will not have to pay anything to start.
Funds will be transferred by the most convenience way for both of us (we
can discuss about payment to find the best way) or your commission (20%
of sales) would stay in your Pay Pal account, plus e-bay and other
processors fees. For your safety and good customer service, my share
from sales will be sent to me ONLY after the item is received by the
buyer and his response is positive along with a positive feedback left
for you.

I will provide you with listing details , pictures and everything needed
and this is what you will have to do :
- list my items
- answer buyers questions with the support of the resources provided or
with my direct help
- send me items numbers and relative buyer's address details
- fill an overall project table with your sales data (number of bids and
bidders, views count, number of watchers, final price with subtracted
e-bay and pay pal fees and your commision, etc.)

Please feel free to email me back to [email protected] for more
details

I AM FROM UNITED STATES SO I WILL NEED THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE US SITE ,
THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM BECAUSE ANYONE CAN LIST ITEMS ON . COM EVEN IF YOU
ARE FROM CANADA ,UK ,AUSTRALIA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY .

Thank you!

So, you put up items on eBay for this guy. People buy them and send you the money. You can give him his cut and he sends the products to the customers. Except, he probably isn't sending the product to his customers, he makes off with the money and you get your account banned because you posted an auction and didn't send the product.

I'd suggest staying away from this.

You know how you get rid of him fast?...

Simple.

Tell him you'd be happy to do this for you, on a consignment basis.
- He sends you the products he wants you to sell (at his expense).
- You list them on your ebay account and when they sell you take out your cut and wire him the rest... You can even offer to pay him back on the shipping costs he incurred while sending you the items.
- Watch him come up with all sorts of excuses as to why it would be better for you to list and he can just ship to the buyer directly.

This is just another variation of the 419 Scams out there...

It is a scam. I've consigned for lots of people on eBay but the only way is to have them bulk ship you everything they want sold.

If you use a little scammer trick, look at the email address.

See those odd 3 "s" that don't really contribute to belisimo?

Google [email protected] and [email protected] and he/she probably has other addresses similar to the one you received from. They'll all be synced to the same GMail account so they can spread their love and not get picked up as quickly by "scammer spy" forums and all that good stuff. Anytime they post publicly it will be via a very similar but slightly different address like belisimopssl vs. belisimopsssl which will be their "private" address ;)

So, you put up items on eBay for this guy. People buy them and send you the money. You can give him his cut and he sends the products to the customers. Except, he probably isn't sending the product to his customers, he makes off with the money and you get your account banned because you posted an auction and didn't send the product.

Whenever someone is willing to give 20% of their cut on a sale, off of eBay, its ground to be suspicious. However, reading the OP, he does say:

"For your safety and good customer service, my share
from sales will be sent to me ONLY after the item is received by the
buyer and his response is positive along with a positive feedback left
for you."

I am trying to figure out where he could pull a fast one. For all we know, super2007 could pull a fast one on him by not sending the money. (Not to give you any ideas or propose that you would actually do that, just saying)

Is it possible that this is someone who is selling stolen merchandise? If so by using a third party ebay seller they could move this merchandise without being noticed as much. They offer to ship but would they ship without a return address or use a fake return address? I am not sure what the catch is, but I bet if and when it blows, it will affect the ebay account holder and not the person offering this arrangement. Could it also be a way to launder small sums of money? Say the high bidder is a friend of the item holder and alwasys wins then send money that is tainted thru PayPal on to the ebay account holder who after fees send the remainder back to the group and now it is clean? Any othe ideas?

This looks iffy.

Even if he takes a cut after shipping, it looks very very dodgy.

I'd say no. I'm almost paranoid about *anything* to do with Ebay that is out of the ordinary.

He messed up all the periods and commas in the last bit and most of them in the rest of the email.

I give it a 98% likelihood of being a scam, and 2% of demand consignment only.

Tell him he need to put a test deposit of $500 in your paypal account as a gift to verify him. Then yank the money and smile :) except its probably someone elses paypal he is paying you from.... darn.

All my products are genuine, not illegal fake or counterfeit!! Sale and
warranty receipts are included .

That part says it all. He wants to sell fake name brand crap on ebay using a 'trustworthy' seller account with great feedback.

Sounds very wrong, any one can sell on ebay. even new sellers can sell a few small item value items just to get their rep up, so I dont see why you would need to pay some one 20% of the value to get someone else to sell items for you.

chances are:

fake items
they never post the items, and your account gets banned, and you lose money
money laundering ... I have seen one seller selling things for inflated prices always to the same person (£800 for a used xbox) I'm sure there was something doggy about that
i guess the winning account could also be his, then he claims not received and gets a refund to clean the funds.

im sure there are many more ways it could be used to make/clean money

Another thing, if he is intent on making money and were "legit" then he would have been to the various eBay knowledge base articles that show Top Rated Sellers make, on average, 13% more per transaction than non-top rated sellers on similar items.

So 20% cut wouldn't be advantageous ;)

The question is are you hurting enough financially to even considered the stress or annoyance caused from embarking on this journey.

I would totally just send him email bombs for wasting your time.

Back