• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone manage to enable DMA on all their hard-drives on ABIT-ST6/ST6RAID?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

False Christian

I have 2 hard-drives. One is a Fujitsu 10.8GB UATA66 and has DMA enabled and the other is a 40.9GB Fujitsu UATA100 drive from which I cannot enable DMA.

The big drive is so slow it's ruining my computer experiences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:mad:

UDMA works fine on my ST6-R. I only have UATA66 drives but they report a correct UDMA-4 in Intel Application Accelerator.

But I can't confirm if UATA100 works. Are they on the same IDE port/80pin cable?

My ST6-Raid has a DMA33 CDRom, DMA33 CD burner,Atapi zip drive and IBM 40G DMA100 hard drive connected. Windows XP detects all DMA's correctly for me. Are you slaving anything off your DMA100 drive? People have said this may affect the master drive however I am slaving my zip drive, which operates only at PIO, off of my DMA 100 drive and it is still detected correctly. What OS are you using?

Just checking to make sure, but have you installed both the ATA utility and the INF utility that came on the CD with the ST6-Raid? I think ME may have had built in support for DMA66 but not DMA100.

I don't think you can get DMA100 without the drivers installed. Have you checked both Abit and Microsoft for updated drivers or maybe a FAQ on driver installation?

Yesterday I installed the Intel Application Accelerator which is the replacement for the Ultra ATA driver. Maybe you can download that and see if it will let you install.
http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/
Some way you need to get that driver installed to get the DMA100. Let me know how you make out, we'll get it working correctly somehow.

Back