• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A recent discussion with fedex, after an overnighted package was not delived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

"you have to be present in person sign for the package"
"I was there, in my room. Give it to the front desk"
"We can't give it to front desk"
"Well then call me"
"driver didn't have permission"
"Then tell me when it's going to be dropped off"
"We don't have that information"
"Then what the hell am I supposed to do"
"You must be available to sign for the package"
"So; given that I have NO idea when the package is going to arrive, you're saying I have to sit in a lobby from 7 AM to 8 PM on a work day to wait for it in person?"
"Yes sir"

At this point I promptly hung up, decided never to ship fedex again, and tried to figure out how to get my overnighting fees back.

wow that sucks. Sounds like a d-bag for not notifying you in advance of estimated delivery time or allowing someone at the front desk of multi unit living area to handle it.

I've had bad experiences with FedEx as well. It seems that they do not have brains...

Here's what they do at my house:

- They park in my driveway, beside 2 other cars.
- If the garage door is down, they leave the notice on my garage door.
- They never even go to my front door and knock or ring the door bell.
- I think they never even stopped by or shipping is just taking longer.
- Two days later I happen to notice the multiple notices on my garage door when I'm outside doing yard work and I have to go pick up the package myself.

Why I think that FedEx delivery person insults the human race with his/her stupidity:

1. Why would someone with half a brain not even go to the front door, and assume no one is home because the garage door is down? Even though there are usually two cars in my driveway, they still assume no one is home...

2. Why leave the notice on the garage door? Do they not realize that most people hardly ever see the front of their garage door? Obviously, I have to let it up when I leave my house and before I go down my driveway when I arrive...

When I told them later that I didn't have a car due to the whole living in a city thing; and their fedex office is WAY outside of any public transportation, he said "that's too bad".

I really swear that every guy I've talked with has been backhandedly just laughing at me the entire time, it's insane.

At this point I'm just really frustrated because I missed a gig tonight; this was supposed to be my new midi controller to replace a broken one :/

I hate Fed Ex even when you ask them or leave a signed release paper to leave package on front of door they have sometimes not even walked into my house just left sticky on the damn gate. I usually just put on notes when i order to please leave in front of door but i will always do Ups or USPS before doing Fed ex if i ahve the option. The are A**@oles IMHO

Fedex is fair better then UPS. Ever try making a claim with UPS. The Fedex person did the right thing. Sry to say after seen so many packages stolen/people lie making people sine for a package is a good thing. I wish you luck when you order something that cost a lot of money and it gets stolen.

BTW if you wanted to set a time for the package to be delivered you can do that with fedex. You can also have the shipper put notes in for the fedex person to call you. Maybe you should talk with your shipper.

Fedex is fair better then UPS. Ever try making a claim with UPS. The Fedex person did the right thing. Sry to say after seen so many packages stolen/people lie making people sine for a package is a good thing. I wish you luck when you order something that cost a lot of money and it gets stolen.

Yeah, because:
  • the security desk is going to hand off your package to a random person. :rolleyes:
  • the security worker is so oblivious somebody is going to walk in and take the package from behind the desk :rolleyes:
  • actually walking to the apartment number printed on the label is too damn hard :rolleyes:

Looking for an open garage on the back instead of knocking on the front door? That implies your delivery driver might be more suited to theft than delivery.
Not even knocking on the front door before sticking on a "missed you" note?

I doubt that this is company policy for either UPS or FedEx. It is more likely just horrible delivery drivers who need to be fired and blacklisted from future employment due to sheer laziness.

I am on a first name basis with my UPS guy. It pays off. He delivers where I work so I see him every week.

+1 to that when you make friends with the wear house people or a carrier one on one it makes it very easy. I dont have problems with any of the carriers for work or home. I rate them as follows

1 USPS - always get my stuff and they ring the doorbell.
2 UPS - always get my stuff and they knock really hard on my door and then run away (never see them unless its amazon) I live on a busy street so my stuff could potentially be stolen.
3 FED EX - only down a couple through them and the last FEDEX person was a cute girl imagine that.

Yeah, because:
  • the security desk is going to hand off your package to a random person. :rolleyes:
  • the security worker is so oblivious somebody is going to walk in and take the package from behind the desk :rolleyes:
  • actually walking to the apartment number printed on the label is too damn hard :rolleyes:

Looking for an open garage on the back instead of knocking on the front door? That implies your delivery driver might be more suited to theft than delivery.
Not even knocking on the front door before sticking on a "missed you" note?

I doubt that this is company policy for either UPS or FedEx. It is more likely just horrible delivery drivers who need to be fired and blacklisted from future employment due to sheer laziness.

Whatever dude. To add to what I said before the Fedex dude is also responsible for the package. If something happens it will come out of his check. Still talk to the shipper. They can leave notes, set what time/day to have it delivered ect. To add to it the SHIPPER most likely placed the SIG REQUIRED. I was the shipping manager for a large e-tailer so I have a pretty good idea what im talking about.

In the delivery guys' defense, they are worked to the bone trying to make deliveries all day that seem impossible. Their delivery schedules are mapped to the minute.

I always prefer USPS to deliver because I have the benefit of being in a small-ish town and they are very prompt and I have had no issue with them. UPS is good, but they always deliver late as heck. I usually get my packages around 6:30 at night. I never use FedEx so I can't really judge.

Sounds like you just got the short end from FedEx.

This is one of the reasons that if i have something that needs to be signed for, i have it shipped UPS. Might take longer to get here, and possibly get beat up, but at least he employees of UPS have a brain. Most of them are very friendly, plenty smart to do the job, and great at what they do. Fedex gets it here faster, but i've had too many cases of having to go to the shipping facility to get it.

Most companies really hate bad publicity, and will fix your problem for you as soon as you threaten to produce such publicity :)

Based on? I'm sure it's quite the opposite. Anyone who has worked for a business deals with a million of these a year. The local news isn't going to put you on the 10 o clock show because you're whining about not getting a package.

I deal with all 3 regularly at work...and once in a while at home (because I usually buy stuff and have it shipped to work of course). No issues with any of them.

This is one of the reasons that if i have something that needs to be signed for, i have it shipped UPS. Might take longer to get here, and possibly get beat up, but at least he employees of UPS have a brain. Most of them are very friendly, plenty smart to do the job, and great at what they do. Fedex gets it here faster, but i've had too many cases of having to go to the shipping facility to get it.

I'm a fan of USPS, simply because I'm on a first name basis with my mail man. I work right down the road, and come home every day to walk my dog at 1pm, which is the same time he's delivering mail on my street, so I have a chat with him every day.

As far as UPS, I'm sure it varies by area, but UPS drivers in my area are overly lazy and don't give a crap. I live in a large apartment complex, and just yesterday I was walking to my car while UPS was making a delivery. The driver goes "Are you 46?", and since I knew the package was for me, I said "Yes", and he just handed it to me. Now, the kicker is, there are 4 apartments with the 46 number, 46 A - D, and the package itself was addressed to my girl. He would have handed that package to anyone who said "Yes". Oh well.

I've had generally good experiences with all three. Although, annoyingly enough, my packages with UPS and Fedex always come after 6pm or so now that I'm living in a normal residential area, while down at the dorms they were always delivered before 10am or so. But I guess it's a bulk vs individual thing.

Anyway, the only abnormal incident I've had is the last package I got was from UPS. I had been watching the tracker and knew that it was coming to my house that day, and since I happened to be home all day, I had one ear keenly tuned to any noises at my door. Well when the door bell rang, I literally went from my room to my front door in 3 seconds. In that 3 seconds, the driver was already ACROSS the street (along a diagonal, i.e. parked across the street from my neighbor's house) and IN his van. I swear to god, it's like he hit the doorbell and BOOKED off like he was a 12 year old doing a ding-dong ditch.

It didn't bother me because this is a pretty safe neighborhood and it's pretty easy to hide packages behind things on my door step, but it's like, "damn, really?" I understand the time pressures, and the no doubt high volume of annoying customers, but f***.

I've had generally good experiences with all three. Although, annoyingly enough, my packages with UPS and Fedex always come after 6pm or so now that I'm living in a normal residential area, while down at the dorms they were always delivered before 10am or so. But I guess it's a bulk vs individual thing.

Anyway, the only abnormal incident I've had is the last package I got was from UPS. I had been watching the tracker and knew that it was coming to my house that day, and since I happened to be home all day, I had one ear keenly tuned to any noises at my door. Well when the door bell rang, I literally went from my room to my front door in 3 seconds. In that 3 seconds, the driver was already ACROSS the street (along a diagonal, i.e. parked across the street from my neighbor's house) and IN his van. I swear to god, it's like he hit the doorbell and BOOKED off like he was a 12 year old doing a ding-dong ditch.

It didn't bother me because this is a pretty safe neighborhood and it's pretty easy to hide packages behind things on my door step, but it's like, "damn, really?" I understand the time pressures, and the no doubt high volume of annoying customers, but f***.

Was your package on fire and full of dog crap?

Back