• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, I guess I'll actually show you the pics of my TH7II-Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arch5

Well I finally got my TH7II setup with water and peltier cooling.
It is incredible to watch those temps drop so dramatically when I power that thing up!

I have a P4 1.8A Northwood @ 2.4Ghz at 1.7v I think the CPU would do 2.4 at stock voltage but the memory needs more.
Plus, I have 512Mb Samsung with ECC, they are the 256Mb sticks which are not as easy to get to 533Mhz as the 128Mb sticks are.
You are also seeing a Visiontek GF3 ti500, 3Com Nic, and TurtleBeach Santa Cruz sound card.

The Pelt is only an 80W and even though my idle temps are around 0*C, my full load temps are around 22*C. So I'm looking for a 122W Peltier.

Here they are:

Very very nice. I was looking into a P4 rig for comparison with my XP, and maybe a little water-cooling adventure on the side...maybe...

Since I've purchased a couple of boxes this year already, my pocketbook seems a little thinner than it was 6 months ago, but my parents need a new machine (486 66MHz!) and I was looking into adding an Intel to the mix of this AMD family, with cost and performance in mind, of course.

How much would a rig like yours cost with and without the cooling?

The pics look great!

Thanks

Last edited:
Please tell me a reference for that great case you have.

It's a Chenbro NET Server Case that I got from CoolCases.com.
It was originally modified for additional fans and although I could have done it myself the time it would have taken was worth the price I paid to have it done. Since I've been sleeping less, I've had time for more mods:)

If you do a search for Chenbro you should find all sorts of good sites and reviews. There is also another company that makes the same cases but under a different name. Can't think of it right now though. Good luck.

Arch5

Back