• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Master_Blaster

Spammed complaint removed. If you want to spam complaints, go do it at Newegg and don't waste our members' time trying to help someone who will never return.

-hokie

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never owned a Razer mouse or keyboard only logitech but with a little digging i found the tech support number on this page http://63.169.70.225/us-en/contact....700&pos=Windows&top=Troubleshooting&rid=21491 maybe you should give them a call and set up an RMA. Also once you get to the automated support FAQ/Knowledge base pages there is an option about the middle to lower part of page if you click on a specific problem which has also this link for email support http://63.169.70.225/us-en/email.as...700&pos=Windows&top=Troubleshooting&rid=21491. Problem is not that they don't have a way to contact support...it is that the contacts are buried deeply in their Troubleshooting pages and unless you go to a specific problem and click to see a resolution you probably will not be shown options for contacts. Oddly enough their main page has no contact link like address and phone number.

Last edited:
I had a Razer mouse for a week, didn't like the feel or quality of it and returned it. I have stuck with Microsoft or Logitech Mice and Keyboards since.

Razer support is rediculous to find. I've had a mouse and keyboard (thank god the keyboard was won at a lan tournament) and I've had endless problems with both. They make you go through e-mail even if you call in for RMA support. It took them almost 2 weeks to get me an RMA number after repeated e-mails. Their excuse was that they are "extremely busy". I will never again buy razer anything.

my Lachesis 5600 works fine.

Edit: Albeit I have one tiny bug. Certain levels of black/gray show as red when you set them (for the razer logo). Which is weird.

Unfortunately, despite it's strange ergonomics, it's my only decent option for a left handed mouse. Seeing as it is the second best right handed mouse I've ever used, it should be the best left handed I'll use.

Last edited:
just got the razer onza, it seems higher quality than the microsoft controller. i will be sure to post here if it goes poop on me in the near future.

I will have my onza tomorrow. The only place I can get one that I can find is the best buy in lincoln. Thankfully a co-worker has agreed to pick it up at the store for me in exchange for me taking him out for chinese.

So it'll cost me about 75$ as opposed to 50$, but I can live with the premium since some of it is paying for my meal as well. :)

most of their stuff sucks, check the reveiws before you buy. That being said, my black widow Ultimate is awesome no more sticky keys and keys not responding cause im crouched ducking going forward and left all at the same time

most of their stuff sucks, check the reveiws before you buy. That being said, my black widow Ultimate is awesome no more sticky keys and keys not responding cause im crouched ducking going forward and left all at the same time

The black widow is their worst product.

Way to back up that statement with details...

Okay, here goes:

• Quality control on my unit was terrible. Key caps were falling right off the unit.
  • Key rollover is really bad. Considering the keyboard MSRP's for 100$, another 30$ will get you NKRO with Das Keyboard. or you could just opt for the rosewill keyboard.
  • The shape is overly large. Considering how poorly this device functions as a keyboard, let alone a gaming keyboard, it shouldn't be that big.
  • Cherry blues are amongst the worst cherry's for gaming. The black widow uses cherry blues.
  • The Razer Synapse is per computer only. Which means you can't bind the keys at the hardware level like you could with almost all razer mice. This is a serious failing seeing as how this was the first device I actaully liked the idea of synapse on.

I love razer products as a whole, especially since they're lately reinventing themselves. The lachesis 3.5g, the onza TE, the bungee (when it comes out, I have a bungee of the exact same make, and want the razer one primarily because it's black :S), and the goliathus pads are all very wonderful products.

At the moment, my input devices are as so:

Mouse: Left Handed Lachesis on an original mouse bungee bungee
KB: Das Keybaord Silent with lavender wasd keys over pl;'
Game Pad: Onza TE
Mouse Pad: Ripper XXL

I don't hate razer at all and while I am spoiled for lesser gear, the razer black widow is garbage compared to what you can get for the same amount of money elsewhere.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll agree with everything but your fourth point. My Majestouch has Cherry Blue, and they make it so easy to dodge in UT :)

Alright, I'll agree with everything but your fourth point. My Majestouch has Cherry Blue, and they make it so easy to dodge in UT :)

You might like blues but I'd argue that while they are sufficient, they are a better typist switch than a gaming switch. Browns in my opinion are far better. Razer selected blues not out of a technical superiority, but because the newbs they had beta testing the board liked the "click" even though the click doesn't have a direct relationship with when it actuates, which causes problems with double tapping.

Blues vs Browns is a hard debate to make, but one I believe in having a DK Pro and a DK Silent. (blues and browns)

I prefer the browns. :)

Blues don't click at all if you don't press them all the way. If only the whole switch was as easily replaceable as the caps, I'd get a set of browns and try them, too :)

I had a Razer mouse for a week, didn't like the feel or quality of it and returned it. I have stuck with Microsoft or Logitech Mice and Keyboards since.

I've never killed a logitech anything nor has a logitech anything malfunctioned on me- save for the connector for the sub on my 560 speakers but that was my own fault.

I had a Razer mouse and also didn't like it. I like Logitech. I just bought a Steelseries mouse though and for the price I feel it's better than a logitech product. Also has a little LCD screen on it..

I would highly suggest if your having problems with one of there products to first update the driver, Second update the firmware. The large majority of there mouse problems are known firmware bugs or corrupted firmware images. Just download the firmware updater on there site for the specific mouse. Follow the directions on screen and your good to go again.

I personally had fairly good luck with razor, had a few problems but I have first generation releases of there products. Either support has replaced my products or the firmware/driver updates have solved the problems. The firmware update seems to be the biggest fix.

I am currently own two naga's and a naga epic.

Back