• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need distributor in Europe, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rogerbrown

Registered
I will sum it up is simple sentences:

I live in Greece.
I need my pc to be what I want.
Greece Vendors suck.
They have small variety and huge prices.

So, I am looking for a way to purchase all my components somehow in Europe.
I checked Amazon but they don't allow shipping computer parts internationally.
Then I checked Tiger Direct. The amount they are asking for shipping almost eliminates the price difference+I will have to wait a lot longer probably. (250$ for shipping and I didn't even include all my parts)

Does anyone know a way for me to find the 'newegg of Europe'? Of course I don't care if its a big company or not, just need to have variety and normal prices. I really don't want to pay 350euros for a gtx570 when it costs 350 dollars (=250euros) in the USA. If there is nothing like that in Europe, can you tell me which online store to prefer that will send me my stuff from USA? Wasn't THAT amazed from Tiger Direct so if you know anything better please do tell.

Thanks for any help, it sucks to have done so much research on what you want for your computer and its just not available in your country and whatever is available, its priced 30% more than it should.

what about rma though? is it possible? and if yes will i have to pay for shipping the item across the ocean? And how exactly can I exactly use this virtual post mail? where is the option in newegg?

what about rma though? is it possible? and if yes will i have to pay for shipping the item across the ocean? And how exactly can I exactly use this virtual post mail? where is the option in newegg?

An RMA would require you to ship it back across the ocean, so yes you'd have to pay for shipping and it'd probably be expensive.

Virtual Post Mail, or any other mail forwarding company, could be used by registering for an address in the US. Then, when you order on Newegg, you use the address given to you by the mail forwarding company. Once Newegg ships the package to your "address" you can then have them forward the package to your actual home address.

I see, interesting, thanks for the info.

If anyone else has some more possibilities to offer please do so, would prefer a store from Europe but if there is no such thing, I will go for the way jmtyra said.

European tech prices are garbage. In the Euro zone itself, they are truly horrible. You guys pay more than double what we do for USB flash memory, for example.

Britain has more reasonable prices that are about the same as US prices mostly after you do the exchange. I'd see what, if any tariffs you're going to have to pay because it's likely going to be cheaper for you to buy from US or UK distributors. RMA will be a headache though.

Back