• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg, UPS lost package

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kasra007

I ordered a laptop on 3/16 and it got shipped out very quickly as it always does. The laptop was supposedly delivered on 3/21 but no sign of it. I checked the tracking # and it said left at front door!

How convinent.. what i don't understand to begin with is why they didn't require signature on the laptop to begin with?

The asnwer i get: We have a contract with UPS and we can't offer signature on this package

What i get from this: Newgg is cutting corners and trying to save money and in result provide bad customer experience.

I go ahead and file a claim and they tell me 7-10 days!

So the laptop ordered on the 16th, and not its the 28th. THATS already 12 days and i have to wait an extra 7-10 days?

I ask for a rush replacement and i get told that they can't go ahead and issue one until the claim is resolved.

So i am being told to wait 22 days for a laptop that i would have received if it require signature confirmation.

Another thing that makes me even more disappointed, i ask them if they can require signature on the repalcement (god knows when that will get sent out), and i get told again they can't!!

I can't believe this..so the package got lost and that would have been prevent by spending extra $1-2 by requiring a signature and YET again they won't require one either for the replacement. This is really sad to hear..

You know i get the fact that this is all your "Policies" but there comes a point where providing customer service is what makes a company exceptional. I'll be honest i love newegg and i used them on a daily basis to purchase from them, I have spent a lot of money on their website and this is what i get?

I have always loved working with newegg, shipping is always fast and prices are always great but now i am really ticked off that i have to wait 22 days because newegg wanted to go the cheap route and save money by not offering signature confirmation.

Thats all i have to say.

They will make it right with you but have to investigate your claim to make sure it is legit. Too many dishonest people now a days would try to scam them for an extra laptop. I'd be looking at your neighbor and file a police report to make it official (even though they won't do anything about it).

I just purchased 3 laptops from them yesterday, if i were to scam them i would have done it with a laptop thats $2000, not $400

They will make it right with you but have to investigate your claim to make sure it is legit. Too many dishonest people now a days would try to scam them for an extra laptop. I'd be looking at your neighbor and file a police report to make it official (even though they won't do anything about it).

I agree. Make sure you cover yourself from all angles, ppl nowadays make me sick sometimes lol. I hope everything gets straightened out.

+1 to King's. Though your situation is likely real, there are plenty of people that scam companies like this. So yeah, its a policy to prevent fraud.

Sorry it happened but the rules are there for a reason.

I hope everything gets straighten out.

I don't understand why they wont make the replacement require signature? makes no sense to me!

If you can have it shipped to your work, add that address to your CC, and have it shipped there....

That's what I was thinking also. I can't stand when stuff like that happens, but as others have said, NewEgg has to cover themselves too. Hopefully you get the replacement laptop shipped out quickly. Also, I would also file a police report just in case.

Hope it works out. UPS basically "investigates" the situation a bit by asking the driver and seeing what could have happened to the package, they then pay newegg for the losses, once confirmed newegg then ships a new package to you. All of this takes 7-10 business days.

UPS is probably the reason why this happened. I bought something 2 months ago and they were suppose to deliver it. I never got my package the tracking number said they delivered it to roseville where i live but after drilling in to that. We found it wasnt even sent to the correct city. After arguing with them they said they would "investigate" they never helped me and said were doing what we can. But i finally got my money back from the place that sent it to me. It took me about 34 days before i ever got a refund no one wanted to take blame.

All the best of luck OP

yay for logistics. I don't like ups much at all.
i don't think newegg is all that good as they used to be either, price wise anyway.

NEVER, repeat, NEVER ship something like that were someone is not there to sign for it. It used to be UPS/FEDEX would not leave anything computer related without a sig. But times have changed. If nothing else, someone should be there to inspect the product/package BEFORE signing for it. UPS insurance investigation is a joke. As is FEDX.

I don't much care about them computer parts but a system or laptop, no way. I want it inspected before I sign.

Like.....Amazon shipping a $20 video game in a box. Newgg shipping a $150 stick of ram in an envelope? Guess which one did not work when I opened the package? lol
I always call UPS "Ghost logistics" if you are not already at the door when they knock, they are gone faster than you could ever run to the door. I swear they knock and run.

I still haven't gotten over UPS leaving my brand new computer case out in the rain rather than walking 2 feet more and putting them on the porch where it'd stay dry.

I recently picked up a new camera lens, $1069 + shipping. They "arrived" in and the tracking shows it was signed for. No one was in the house when the package "arrived". Wonder who signed it? Reported the lens as missing and demanded I see signature. Oh look, the signature is a blank. I bet the driver is getting hard one in his *** for dropping it off and not actually getting signature for delivery.

Sucks I had to wait another week for the replacement lens to come to me while photo co. and UPS fights over the insurance claim.

I've tried to use USPS or FedEx for delivery option if either are offered. I've had only 1 problem with USPS delivery that wasn't the sender's fault. Never had a problem with FedEx.

Like.....Amazon shipping a $20 video game in a box. Newgg shipping a $150 stick of ram in an envelope? Guess which one did not work when I opened the package? lol
I always call UPS "Ghost logistics" if you are not already at the door when they knock, they are gone faster than you could ever run to the door. I swear they knock and run.

UPS does not knock any longer. They have a no knocking policy in place. (My brother in law works for them, though he doesn't deliver packages. He drives trailers terminal to terminal.)

I've also heard that FedEx is instituting a no knock policy as well.

i personally live in a prety good neighborhood in a small town and i love it that i dont haveto be home to sign for stuff :) i hate it when i have to sign for usps stuff and go "all the way" to the post office lol but i see how it could be different in bigger cities.
2500k 220$-4gb of ram - 50$-case-120$ coming home to a porch full of boxes... priceless xD

i personally live in a prety good neighborhood in a small town and i love it that i dont haveto be home to sign for stuff :) i hate it when i have to sign for usps stuff and go "all the way" to the post office lol but i see how it could be different in bigger cities.
2500k 220$-4gb of ram - 50$-case-120$ coming home to a porch full of boxes... priceless xD

Even more priceless when the home owner comes home to an empty porch, :sly: and doesn't realize anything's wrong until he's checked the tracking. Somewhere, a burglar got a bunch of freebies.

If the UPS and FedEx won't knock to deliver anything that requires signature, how are they going to get the attention of those who may be deaf or hard of hearing? Often time I can't hear the trucks (unless they still have pre-1970's smog belching truck in service) but I do hear doorbells and door knocking.

It is very easy to get a signature of receipt and the tiny amount of money it costs is always worth it. You note it in your online newegg order, big note on the fence, and you call ups to verify with the dispatcher. What we have here is simple theft while driving in uniform. The drivers no darn well what they are shipping and any normal delivery person does not just drop off expensive electronics at gates.
Packages or normally insured up to a $100 and obviously newegg pays for the rest via their ups acct.
That does not sit well with me, I'd file a police report on the driver.

Something I found out about a couple months ago after I had a similar incident. You can (at least where I live in California) call UPS and have them add your address as a residence that requires a signature on all packages. The positive in theory of course, is it eliminates them leaving anything without someone signing for it. Can be a pain sometimes, but in the end am glad I did it.

Last edited:
Back