• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which BIOS to use with my Asus P4B266?! I currently have 1003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ztealth

Which BIOS should I flash to? I am currently usen the version that came on my mobo, which is v.1003 and I can't post at anything higher than 110 fsb no matter what voltage I use. Also, my temos are jammed at 40c like everyone elses. What version fixes these probs? I have the 1006 BETA downloaded, and 1005. Which oine should I use? Thanx!

Ztealth -

I use 1005. Temp still stuck at 40C with "Asus 2" but it seems "Asus 2 (CUSL)" show the correct temp.

But I can OC to at least 133MHz FSB JumperFree.

For OC 1003 is best so far, 1006 i dont know. My board somehow has a broke cmos or something, latencies keep tightening, just send it to RMA.

Brobe v. 21505 (only) shows temp correctly.

I had 1003, and I couldn't post above 110 FSB, so it wasn't worken at all!!! Still isn't with 1006. Makes me a bit mad!
Where can i download the Monitor that actually works, and which one? Thanx!

Ztealth -

Well, I dunno whats wrong with my mobo them, cuz no matter what BIOS I used, 1003, 1005, or my current 1006, I can't o/c from the BIOS above 110 fsb :mad: but thanx for the links man, will let ya know if it don't work. :)

Ztealth -

Hey thanx man, I posted at another board about more dip witch settings, but no one said anything. These go beyond 133fsb right? I hope so, right now thats what I am usen for o/c now, usen 133fsb, but thats the highest setting my manual lists.

Ztealth -

Dam... It didn't have any other dip switch settings.. :confused:
I downloaded the Asus Probe that you posted, and it isn't working. Still is locked at 40c

Ztealth -

Ztealth said:
Dam... It didn't have any other dip switch settings.. :confused:
I downloaded the Asus Probe that you posted, and it isn't working. Still is locked at 40c

Ztealth -

Funny, I used it on W2k and XP pro; idle temps started from 26C...

Edit: Just received mail (from Ztealth? I bellieve): "Hey thanx man, it works!"

Last edited:
Back