• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another WIN at frys service desk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

So i got a ps3 in January 2011 bought the god of war bundle at frys in February. The controller was fine then all of a sudden it stopped working. This was 43 days after buying it. I still had my receipt so i went to frys to see what they would do. I was in luck They sliced up another bundle took the controller out and put my bad one in. YAY

Basically one of my kids probably dropped the darn thing and broke it. But frys swamped it out. The manager was like yeah just give him a new one. I hate some of employees attitudes but when you make it easy for them to return something what can they do. :p

Hey i didn't ask what they were going to do with it. Just happy they give me a new one. Cause sonys peripheral's warranty sucks. its 90 days from purchase and doesn't cover a ton of things.

I bet frys gets the cost and thats it. Its just the god of war 1 and 2 and a controller in a little box.

51tMHDJDQ6L._AA300_.jpg

so your saying that you know one of your kids broke it, yet went back to frys and had them replace it for free anyways....

i always love turning people like that down on a return where i work, cus thats just messed. just as bad as people who try to get free services.

you actually like working retail. Lol thats one for the books. I worked alot of retail i been in the reverse role. I probably would of done the return as well cause i know my store isnt going to go belly up on that particular item. I know the people at frys by first name. they have yet to deny me on any return. Good luck with your customer service skills nd4

walmart 1998-2000
Home depot 2003-2006

you actually like working retail. Lol thats one for the books. I worked alot of retail i been in the reverse role. I probably would of done the return as well cause i know my store isnt going to go belly up on that particular item. I know the people at frys by first name. they have yet to deny me on any return. Good luck with your customer service skills nd4

walmart 1998-2000
Home depot 2003-2006
It's the principle of the matter...not whether or not it's going to break the store's bank.

omg i didnt write this post to say look i screwed frys over. i posted mainly to say Frys ain't so bad. I hear alot of people bashing frys for all kinds of things. i didnt have to twist the managers arm or make up some elobraote story to get the controller swapped. Even the guy that did the return said that was cool of the manager.

BTW the manager said people can return things with a receipt way out of the 30-90 day windows... its up to their discretion. The actual computers can look up receipts from when the store first opened in 2005. So remember kids keep your credit card current it works like a receipt.

Back